UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

for Siena fans

Gonzaga, Marquette, Providence, George Mason, Xavier, and St. Joe's. What do they have in common? None of them field a football team even at the lowest level. I'm not comparing Siena to them as they all play in higher rated conferences but having a football program isn't the be all, end all. Those programs all seem to be doing pretty well.

Slight topic change. MTS, are you going to the MAAC Lacrosse Championships this year?

Siena is hosting, and their team was picked to finish first in their league.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzaga, Marquette, Providence, George Mason, Xavier, and St. Joe's. What do they have in common? None of them field a football team even at the lowest level. I'm not comparing Siena to them as they all play in higher rated conferences but having a football program isn't the be all, end all. Those programs all seem to be doing pretty well.

Slight topic change. MTS, are you going to the MAAC Lacrosse Championships this year?

Siena is hosting, and their team was picked to finish first in their league.

Guys, nobody cares about sports other than football and men's basketball. I'll give you football - congrats. Most small Catholic schools don't have big time football (unless you're BC or ND). And I would say this even if Siena had great teams in those sports. I believe Siena's women's volleyball team is really good. Of course, it's not a big deal.

Quick, tell me who won the Men's golf championship in 2007? Or you would the men's tennis NCAA national championship? Now tell me who won the BCS championship game and the NCAA tournament championship game? The average college fan (and most die hards too) only cares about men's hoops and football.

I'm not saying it's right but it is TRUE.

And I NEVER EVER predicted Siena would win the Old Spice tournament. I said it wasn't impossible. I'm realistic - it is a longshot with all of those good teams. I'd be happy with just one win and thrilled with two. Has UAlbany ever even particpate in a preseason tournament?

You must depend on the Times-Union for information. Albany was in the 2K Sports College Hoops Challenge in Gainesville in 2005, winning the opener.

I don't think your 'really good' women's VB team has beaten Albany at D-I yet.

In all fairness....bob did lob the first grenade....at which point Empty came undone!

Actually I answered his question in my style. While I knew my answer would upset him, it is not my problem that my answer did upset him.

It was a truthful response that was covered elsewhere regarding Friday nights banquet.

Guys, nobody cares about sports other than football and men's basketball. I'll give you football - congrats. Most small Catholic schools don't have big time football (unless you're BC or ND). And I would say this even if Siena had great teams in those sports. I believe Siena's women's volleyball team is really good. Of course, it's not a big deal.

Quick, tell me who won the Men's golf championship in 2007? Or you would the men's tennis NCAA national championship? Now tell me who won the BCS championship game and the NCAA tournament championship game? The average college fan (and most die hards too) only cares about men's hoops and football.

I'm not saying it's right but it is TRUE.

MTS, you can talk for yourself, but when you talk for "everyone" you make an ass of yourself.

Actually the brief time I talked to Dr McElroy at our basketball banquet on Friday was spent talking about lacrosse. We are in the conference tournament in Baltimore and I saw him at the conference tournament the last time it was played in Baltimore as well as numerous other events. Again, no time was spent talking about LCC much to your dismay.

Now maybe your AD only cares about basketball. If so, that could explain why Siena sucks at everything else. In any event it is not my concern what other people (whether they are average or below average like most Siena fans) care about. I follow virtually all UA sports to some degree and I am not the only one at any of the sports.

In all fairness....bob did lob the first grenade....at which point Empty came undone!

Actually I answered his question in my style. While I knew my answer would upset him, it is not my problem that my answer did upset him.

It was a truthful response that was covered elsewhere regarding Friday nights banquet.

bob,

The grenade was the LCC reference.....you knew that would send him over the edge.

Today: UAlbany Softball slaps Siena, 7-3

2008 Head to Head Competition

TOTAL: UAlbany 6 Siena 0

UAlbany 7 Siena 3 - Women's Softball: April 29

UAlbany 6 Siena 1 - Women's Tennis: April 16

UAlbany 13 Siena 6 - Men's Lacrosse: April 2

UAlbany 2 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: March 27

UAlbany 3 Siena 2 - Women's Softball: March 27

UAlbany 18 Siena 8 - Women's Lacrosse: March 3

I'm actually happy for any of the respectful Siena athletes, coaches, administrators and fans out there... for the fact that they have a decent basketball program. I am only happy for the athletes, coaches, administrators, and fans of Siena that admit that the University of Albany has a high quality athletics program, one that deserves the recognition.

This year, Siena bb was good attention for the city of Albany. If the annual basketball game is setup totally fair, I even enjoy watching the game.

UAlbany athletcs is also excellent exposure for the city of Albany as well... we have been acquiring lots of conference champions over the past 9 years in D1 competition. In the lacrosse world, UAlbany is consider by many as a national powerhouse... everyone knows Albany. We bring recognition to Albany every year with our lacrosse program.

Our football program has steadily built up steam, and we are ready to break out in a large way. The only thing holding us back temporarily is our conference. That will change. We will be competing for national champions in the fcs every year in the very near future. UAlbany football's name is spreading around the national scene.

There are tens of millions of Americans out there that feel differently to the statement that the only sports that matter are football and basketball.

Unfortunately for Siena, none of their other teams are worth mentioning really.

Also unfortunate is the fact that most siena fans and students seem to be total bastardos... and they tend to be the ones that are dillusional.

You must depend on the Times-Union for information. Albany was in the 2K Sports College Hoops Challenge in Gainesville in 2005, winning the opener.

And losing to the hosts and eventual National Champions in the next round, right?

Yes that is correct and that is also the season that we went to UCLA and played the other finalist of the ncaa title game. If memory serves me correctly, while we lost both games the total margin of the 2 games combined was significantly less than the margin that this years Siena team (their greatest team in almost 20 years) lost to the just the NCAA runner up.

The grenade was the LCC reference.....you knew that would send him over the edge.

I am not arguing with you, but you know that is my style.

And the nickname certainly fits on many levels since Siena is much closer to a community college level like HVCC than the almost BSC power that the delusional Siena fans think they are.

HVCC would probably beat Siena in some sports.

I'm not telling anyone what to do but because MT$ came over here to insite - In my opinion we are really wasting too too much time discussing Siena. They will soon try to harrass us some more saying that we are preoccupied with them.

When in reality they rarely are discussed in our threads unless they come over here probing to cause problems.

They are the ones worried about us, we should careless what they are doing.

I enjoy reading about our success against Siena. But I believe there are others out there like me. Its about basketball. Losing the past three years, twice in overtime, has been nauseating and all the lacrosse and softball wins, though appreciated, don't eliminate of the bile in my throat.

Until the game is played on a neutral court I'm out.

I like to molest farm animals.

This recent success in men's basketball is about all that Siena's athletic program has to be excited about. Now please take that last bastion of hope and bring it back to your message boards. UA still has a lacrosse tournament to prepare for...

We've been hearing for years how Albany is going to surpass Siena. Let's see it happen. Fact is, Albany hasn't won jack without Jamar Wilson. Let's see Albany win a title without the great player. Has Albany ever beaten a BCS school or even a high level mid-major for that matter (high level Atlantic-10, CAA, etc). Albany has a lot to do to surpass Siena. Because you won two American East titles with a great player doesn't make you a great program.

And can Albany ever beat Siena? Hasn't happened in the last three years and I wouldn't hold my breath for the next two games either (assuming they happen).

Acutally MTS, Albany did win at Utah two years ago. Although the Utes have been down recently, I would consider them to be a high major program.

I am not arguing with you, but you know that is my style.

And the nickname certainly fits on many levels since Siena is much closer to a community college level like HVCC than the almost BSC power that the delusional Siena fans think they are.

HVCC would probably beat Siena in some sports.

All I know, is that Siena has a former pitcher who has been tearing it up with the Washington Nationals the last three starts. Does UAlbany have anyone of significance competing at the major league level?

Archived