UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

for Siena fans

The grenade was the LCC reference.....you knew that would send him over the edge.

I am not arguing with you, but you know that is my style.

And the nickname certainly fits on many levels since Siena is much closer to a community college level like HVCC than the almost BSC power that the delusional Siena fans think they are.

HVCC would probably beat Siena in some sports.

All I know, is that Siena has a former pitcher who has been tearing it up with the Washington Nationals the last three starts. Does UAlbany have anyone of significance competing at the major league level?

Rashad Barksdale was drafter by the Eagles and released only to be picked up by the Chiefs. He is currently a second string CB who played in 8 NFL games last season (his rookie season)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom Line: $iena needs to cling to any success it gets... cause it don't come that often.

How pathetic that the college hypes a first round tournament win... with aqua duck rides and planned speeches at the college, where nobody shows up. Only a first round tourny win. Cling girls cling.

Decades of D1 competition and what? Nada. What, 2 first round wins in 50 years? Or something like that?

Even the dropping of the pathetic football program. Even dinkydoodles keep their football.

For goodness sake, they can't even handle a little rain on their softball field, and need to move the game.

Bottom Line: $iena needs to cling to any success it gets... cause it don't come that often.

How pathetic that the college hypes a first round tournament win... with aqua duck rides and planned speeches at the college, where nobody shows up. Only a first round tourny win. Cling girls cling.

Decades of D1 competition and what? Nada. What, 2 first round wins in 50 years? Or something like that?

Even the dropping of the pathetic football program. Even dinkydoodles keep their football.

For goodness sake, they can't even handle a little rain on their softball field, and need to move the game.

Your post reeks of envy.

BTW, you can add an NIT Final Four appearance to the resume, but who's counting?

Decades of D1 competition and what? Nada. What, 2 first round wins in 40 years? Or something like that?

Your post reeks of envy.

BTW, you can add an NIT Final Four appearance to the resume, but who's counting?

No envy over a college like siena.

You do realize that your college is a joke though, right?

We know you're a fanatic, but the question is why.

Like I said, 4 decades of D1 competition and Nada.

A final four appearance in the nit. At least something positive in 40 years.

You guys gonna plan an aqua duck ride again, if you win a first rounder in the future? Kinda silly, aint it?

The thing is... if the loundonville goofs didn't exist on this board, I'd rarely ever think about your college and your athletics.

The stupid, dilusional comments that you make are irresistible.

Other than UAlbany's 6-0 shutout of siena in head to head competition in 2008, your silly college never gets my attention.

The grenade was the LCC reference.....you knew that would send him over the edge.

And the nickname certainly fits on many levels since Siena is much closer to a community college level like HVCC than the almost BSC power that the delusional Siena fans think they are.

All I know, is that Siena has a former pitcher who has been tearing it up with the Washington Nationals the last three starts. Does UAlbany have anyone of significance competing at the major league level?

Wow , nice to see our athletic program has progressed so much in 10 years that it is expected that we have accomplished everything that Siena has in more than 30 years at both the team and individual level. Also nice to see that Siena fans obsession with UA's accomplishments continue.

As far as I know none of UA's former baseball players are in MLB, but one has been drafted by the NFL by the Eagles, got a really nice signing bonus, and was with the Kansas City all of 2007. That would be Barksdale who switched from baseball to football while at UA.

Not to mention the starting goalie of Colorado in the highest US professional league played at UA. That would be Major league soccer. He is in his third season and played in virtually every game so far this season and last season.

Plus at least a couple of players in the highest lacrosse league.

I would ask if Siena has any guys being paid to play in any other sport, but I don't really care.

Except for the "envy" comment, which was directed to one poster here, I think Saints73 was non-confrontational. He did indicate UA's success against Utah, which MTS seems to deny or be unaware of.

Either there also is plenty Saints 73 is unaware of or he IS being confrontational.

I was not being confrontational. I do recognize the quality program that Albany has put together in the last few years and that is why I refernced the Utah win.

However, uofalbany has some serious jealousy/anger issues that he needs to work out.

Gonzaga, Marquette, Providence, George Mason, Xavier, and St. Joe's. What do they have in common? None of them field a football team even at the lowest level. I'm not comparing Siena to them as they all play in higher rated conferences but having a football program isn't the be all, end all. Those programs all seem to be doing pretty well.

Slight topic change. MTS, are you going to the MAAC Lacrosse Championships this year?

Siena is hosting, and their team was picked to finish first in their league.

Guys, nobody cares about sports other than football and men's basketball. I'll give you football - congrats. Most small Catholic schools don't have big time football (unless you're BC or ND). And I would say this even if Siena had great teams in those sports. I believe Siena's women's volleyball team is really good. Of course, it's not a big deal.

Quick, tell me who won the Men's golf championship in 2007? Or you would the men's tennis NCAA national championship? Now tell me who won the BCS championship game and the NCAA tournament championship game? The average college fan (and most die hards too) only cares about men's hoops and football.

I'm not saying it's right but it is TRUE.

Tell that to the near 50,000 fans that show up for the lax national championships....or the 10,000 or so that show up for the soccer national championship.

Oh, and I forgot the GRAND DADDY OF THEM ALL-- Nearly 2 weeks of baseball in front of almost 30,000 fans PER GAME.

RIGHT...no one cares about anything but football and hoops.

Find a cliff...

You mean like Buona Condoul being in the top 3 MLS goalies and playing for the Senegalese National team in the prestigious African Cup of Nations. He is now the future goalie of the possibly World Cup bound (they have won games in the WC recently) team. He has also been linked to the Premier League, La Liga (Spain), and Ligue 1 (France).

Some may not like soccer...but the guy is filthy in the WORLD's BIGGEST SPORT.

Wow , nice to see our athletic program has progressed so much in 10 years that it is expected that we have accomplished everything that Siena has in more than 30 years at both the team and individual level. Also nice to see that Siena fans obsession with UA's accomplishments continue.

As far as I know none of UA's former baseball players are in MLB, but one has been drafted by the NFL by the Eagles, got a really nice signing bonus, and was with the Kansas City all of 2007. That would be Barksdale who switched from baseball to football while at UA.

Not to mention the starting goalie of Colorado in the highest US professional league played at UA. That would be Major league soccer. He is in his third season and played in virtually every game so far this season and last season.

Plus at least a couple of players in the highest lacrosse league.

I would ask if Siena has any guys being paid to play in any other sport, but I don't really care.

Bob...you are not doing Buona justice. He will be gone from the MLS in two years. He is one of the hottest goalkeeping prospects in the world.

Also, I posted this awhile ago when the same $iena came up about our pro athletes. Siena PALES in comparison of current PRO athletes. Heck, Jamar Wilson and Jason Siggers are poised to be in TOP EUROPEAN LEAGUES next season making very...very good 6-figure salaries based on their perfomances this season.

And of course, not only is Barksdale in the NFL, Andre Coleman and Kurt Cambell are on the Chargers and Titans respectively. Two other Danes are playing professionally as well.

Then you have Lucious, Kirsten, Levi, Will Brand, Petr Burda, Karim Quattera, Antoine Johnson, and I believe Andre Duncan, still playing in Europe. Brian Lillis I think is close to signing with a European team if he chooses to play professionally. I have heard Holland.

Then you have top picks in Lax...both indoor and outdoor!

Now to be fair to Saints73, who is respectful, he was talking about players ripping up their leagues...high level leagues. There is no doubt BUONA fits that bill...and in Belgium...Jamar fits it, while Jason does the same in Denmark.

Buona...clearly is at the top of his game in a league that many believe falls behind: Group 1: England, Spain, Italy; Group 2: France, Germany; and Group 3: USA (MLS), Holland, Mexico, Argentina, Portugal.

Bob...you are not doing Buona justice. He will be gone from the MLS in two years. He is one of the hottest goalkeeping prospects in the world.

You are probably right, I understated it quite a bit. But my point was made on what UA players have accomplished right now.

And I know it was far from a complete list.

Archived