UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mens Basketball Non Conference Schedule

Not sure if anyone is planning on making the trip to Chicago for the Depaul game. They've announced their game against us will be on campus instead of Allstate Arena. People on their message board were saying it's a smaller venue and might sell out if people were planning on heading out there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if anyone is planning on making the trip to Chicago for the Depaul game. They've announced their game against us will be on campus instead of Allstate Arena. People on their message board were saying it's a smaller venue and might sell out if people were planning on heading out there.

Seating capacity for McGrath Arena on the DePaul campus is 3,000

The Gazette gives a better story than the T-U

For those who wondered why it was released so late:

“We’ve known that we were playing Kansas even before last season began. We’ve known it since last October,” said UAlbany head coach Will Brown during a recruiting trip in Texas. “But we don’t release our schedule until every contract is signed. We were waiting for some revisions in the Villanova schedule, so that’s why we waited to release the whole thing.”

As for the Bryant Bulldogs

"In Bryant, a first-year Division I team, we will have a pretty unique situation, because we will play them in a home-and-home series. What that does is prepare us for the conference schedule, where we see a team once and then play them again very quickly.”

Um, OK, if you say so, coach

I like the Penn game as a replacement for the Bucknell series. Wonder if we'll see Fran McCafferty at that game. Should be a good return game next year.

Looking really far ahead the CCSU game is on the same weekend as the AE Volleyball Championships. That could be a fun weekend if Albany hosts the tourney.

Like everyone else I wish there were more home games. Right off the bat Villanova and Sacred Heart look like good road games.

1. I'm okay with the Bryant games. Besides, how often do we go to the State of Rhode Island for a basketball game? If the Bryant road game is on a weekend, I say the Varsity Club gets a bus going out there, or we just get out there ourselves, and we get rowdy on the road in Smithfield, RI, when we visit the Chace Wellness Center! I mean, we should really get up for this game and go nuts over it ... hehe. :ph34r:

2. I too like seeing us schedule Penn instead of Bucknell. Take nothing away from Bucknell, but the IVY League always seems to have a mid-to-low-teen rating for conference RPI, so we do just fine playing one of the traditional Ivy basketball powers. I also like seeing more IVYs on our schedule -- sets us up for our entry into the ECAC when we establish our Division I hockey program and play our games at the Times Union Center. :wub:

2. I too like seeing us schedule Penn instead of Bucknell. Take nothing away from Bucknell, but the IVY League always seems to have a mid-to-low-teen rating for conference RPI, so we do just fine playing one of the traditional Ivy basketball powers.

The average RPI rank for the Ivy League over the last six years has been about 23rd. By year, starting with the most recent year: 24th (07-08), 18th, 25th, 18th, 27th, 23rd. As scholarships have begun to take effect in the Patriot League, its last three RPI rankings have been: 16th (07-08), 17th, and 21st.

Of course the most important thing is the record of the team you play - not which conference it is in. Before last year, both Bucknell and Penn have been great for their opponents RPI's in recent years. The other seven Ivy League teams in recent years have been RPI-killers (except for Cornell last year).

Nov. 14, Friday, at Villanova, Villanova, Pa.

Nov. 17, Monday, at DePaul, Rosemont, Ill.

Nov. 19, Wednesday, at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I.

Nov. 22, Saturday, Central Connecticut State, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 25, Tuesday, at Columbia, New York, N.Y.

Nov. 29, Saturday, Pennsylvania, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 1, Monday, Bryant, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 6 Saturday at Siena Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 8, Monday, at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa.

Dec. 13, Saturday, Canisius, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 19, Friday, at Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn.

Dec. 22, Monday, at St. Francis, N.Y., Brooklyn, N.Y.

Dec. 30, Tuesday, at Kansas, Lawrence, Kan. 9 PM Eastern ESPNU

I updated the schedule for the TV network and Time from the Kansas site.

Nov. 14, Friday, at Villanova, Villanova, Pa.

Nov. 17, Monday, at DePaul, Rosemont, Ill.

Nov. 19, Wednesday, at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I.

Nov. 22, Saturday, Central Connecticut State, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 25, Tuesday, at Columbia, New York, N.Y.

Nov. 29, Saturday, Pennsylvania, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 1, Monday, Bryant, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 6 Saturday at Siena Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 8, Monday, at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa.

Dec. 13, Saturday, Canisius, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 19, Friday, at Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn.

Dec. 22, Monday, at St. Francis, N.Y., Brooklyn, N.Y.

Dec. 30, Tuesday, at Kansas, Lawrence, Kan. 9 PM Eastern ESPNU

I updated the schedule for the TV network and Time from the Kansas site.

I wonder if SNY will cover the villanova game since they are now the home of the big east.

Just for those of you interested in Bryant's new DI program, here is their 1st year DI schedule (with 23 of 29 games released so far).

That's a tough schedule.

Nov 14th @ TBA (Bobcat Classic)

Nov 15th @ Ohio (Bobcat Classic)

Nov 16th @ TBA (Bobcat Classic)

Nov 19th vs. Albany

Nov 21st @ Columbia (Columbia Invitational)

Nov 22nd @ UMBC (Columbia Invitational)

Nov 23rd @ Quinnipiac (Columbia Invitational)

Dec 1st @ Albany

Dec 6th @ Iowa

Dec 12th vs. Wagner

Jan 2nd vs. Yale

Jan 12th vs. Cornell

Jan 14th vs. Sacred Heart

Jan 31 @ S. Francis PA

Feb 7th @ Quinnipiac

Feb 14th vs. Central Connecticut

Feb 28th @ Sacred Heart

Date TBA @ UConn

Date TBA @ Rutgers