UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mens Basketball Non Conference Schedule

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here it us:

Nov. 14, Friday, at Villanova, Villanova, Pa.

Nov. 17, Monday, at DePaul, Rosemont, Ill.

Nov. 19, Wednesday, at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I.

Nov. 22, Saturday, Central Connecticut State, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 25, Tuesday, at Columbia, New York, N.Y.

Nov. 29, Saturday, Pennsylvania, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 1, Monday, Bryant, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 6 Saturday at Siena Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 8, Monday, at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa.

Dec. 13, Saturday, Canisius, SEFCU Arena

Dec. 19, Friday, at Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn.

Dec. 22, Monday, at St. Francis, N.Y., Brooklyn, N.Y.

Dec. 30, Tuesday, at Kansas, Lawrence, Kan.

I know me and B9j2j6s have some planning to do...

Just read the press release and found out who Bryant is...apparently they are transitioning to d1...I would still love to know why we are playing them twice though...besides that I think our OCS is good...Kansas Depaul and Villanova will be fun to play against on the road, and playing Penn and Siena will allow the team some real great experience against some good mid majors

I mean if you look at it, the idea of not playing so many home games doesn't hurt for the big time fans, since the Kansas and DePaul games are the only games not being played in the Northeast/Pennsylvania Area.

1 - Rhode Island

1 - Connecticut

5 - Albany (including Siena)

2 - Pennsylvania

2 - NYC Metropolitan Area

add that the tournament will also be in albany

Bryant is transitioning into DI and the NEC.

Probably has something to do with our natural relationship through the NEC.

It may also have something to do with the fact that we apparently don't want to play them in football. We are the only NEC football team that is not playing them this year.

I'm not sure what to think of this home slate. The Bryant home and home is an obvious attempt to give us a breather as the road slate is very difficult. Right after Depaul and Villanova and before Siena was a good place to put those games I'm just not sure what to think of playing an indy home and home. Let's pray to God that they are better then NJIT and don't kill our RPI.

Couldn't be happier with the road portion of the schedule....the home slate has no real good name team. Penn is obviously the best home game. I guess I have to trust that the coaches know what they are doing putting this schedule together. We will be young so there will probably be bumps in the road. I know no game is "easy" but having some of the easier (non BCS teams) could help the confidence of the young kids should we get off to a tough start on the road. As hagg said....I'm not sure this schedule will build on and bring in the casual fans. Overall, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the home slate. Hopefully the crowds will be there.

I'm thrilled with the # of good road games but the home slate is weak at best. I know we wont ever get a huge team in SEFCU but jeez. I also hate the idea of playing a team twice. But, I'm sure Coach B and the staff know what their doing. Either way, I can't wait to be at the CUE and hopefully catch some of the away games. The NOVA game sounds very good to me.....roadtrip!!

The Gazette gives a better story than the T-U

For those who wondered why it was released so late:

“We’ve known that we were playing Kansas even before last season began. We’ve known it since last October,” said UAlbany head coach Will Brown during a recruiting trip in Texas. “But we don’t release our schedule until every contract is signed. We were waiting for some revisions in the Villanova schedule, so that’s why we waited to release the whole thing.”

As for the Bryant Bulldogs

"In Bryant, a first-year Division I team, we will have a pretty unique situation, because we will play them in a home-and-home series. What that does is prepare us for the conference schedule, where we see a team once and then play them again very quickly.”

Um, OK, if you say so, coach

Archived