UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Today, is a GREAT DAY!

Worst announcer ever. Made Brent Musberger look like an Icon. Pandering, suck-up, and he embodied the "talking just to talk", mantra.

I can't agree with this. Sure he had his faults like his bias against mid majors. But at least he has knowledge and sometimes added something to the broadcast. There are plenty of worse announcers in all sports who add nothing but shilling, cliches and gushing over certain players. In baseball a prime example is John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

In basketball Dick Vitale comes to mind.

Worst announcer ever. Made Brent Musberger look like an Icon. Pandering, suck-up, and he embodied the "talking just to talk", mantra.

I can't agree with this. Sure he had his faults like his bias against mid majors. But at least he has knowledge and sometimes added something to the broadcast. There are plenty of worse announcers in all sports who add nothing but shilling, cliches and gushing over certain players. In baseball a prime example is John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

In basketball Dick Vitale comes to mind.

I have had Al Trautwig on my personal hit list for years now.

I actually always enjoyed Brent Musberger. Maybe I just remember him from a long time ago doing college football games (Michigan), and that's why I don't mind him so much.

Now Bill Walton, there's a guy who could very well be the subject of his own thread ... .

I actually always enjoyed Brent Musberger. Maybe I just remember him from a long time ago doing college football games (Michigan), and that's why I don't mind him so much.

Now Bill Walton, there's a guy who could very well be the subject of his own thread ... .

I always liked Musberger too. For me, I'll take Musberger over just about anybody for college football.

One of my personal favorites and a pleasure to listen to is Gary Cohen....actually the entire crew of him Ron Darling and Keith are very easy to listen to. Great info, great chemistry, smooth. Makes the Mets games that much more enjoyable....especially now since they are on a roll.

I always liked Musberger too. For me, I'll take Musberger over just about anybody for college football.

I like Musberger now, but you guys are both too young-- I am guessing-- to remember how bad he really was. In fact, he was one of the first MAJOR announcers to get pushed off what he was doing (football) at the time.

He is so much beter now.

Once the Mets pushed Seaver out, that broadcast is tremendous. I still like Howie Rose too.

Musberger is better with football than basketball. For some reason this quote sticks in my head. "We have just entered the Pervis Ellison era".

Archived