UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anyone going to make it to Fairfield?

I'm thinking about it. Its only an hour (google maps time) from me in NJ.

Sacred Heart is undefeated but really hasn't played anyone. The only decent win I see is the RMU win.

I'd love to see Albany hang 42 on them and shut down all of this Sacred Heart nonsense.

I, along with all of us and most importantly the team and coaches, felt uninspired by our last two performances. I expect a tough week of practice. Fords words said it all: "I was just happy to get out of there with a win."

'Nuff said on that.

Game Notes

http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/6082.pdf

A little breakdown of SHU for those of unfamiliar.

History: SHU has been a cellar dwellar in recent memory, however they had a very good run in the early 2000's at the non-scholarship level, which included an undefeated year in 2000 (many may remember the homecoming game in 2001 that matched us and SHU who were both 5-0).

Well ever since then, they have been bad. With their win last week over St. Francis they have secured their first winning season since 2004.

Record

They currently sit at 6-0 with wins over:

Assumption (DII) (1-5)

Bentley (DII) (3-4)

Iona (3-3) with a loss to a DIII team.

Marist (2-5)

Robert Morris (2-4)

St. Francis (0-6)

Not exactly the cream of the crop here.

The only game that even comes close to being a good win is over RMU.

Stats

Sacred Heart appears to have a pretty balance attack.

Rushing: 174.5 yds/game

Passing: 219 yds/game

Their top rusher is Evin Jones. he has 139 carries for 812 yards (5.8 yd/carry) and 8 rushing TDs.

Dale Fink is their QB. He has some gaudy numbers also:

Att. Cmp Yds Cmp% Yds/Att TD TD% Int Int% Rating

179 121 1283 67.6 7.17 15 8.4 7 3.9 147.6

The top receiver is Stephen Tedesco who has 39 receptions for 486 yards and 6 TDs.

The kicker is pretty good. He is 4 for 4 with a long of 45 yards and 25 of 27 on PATs.

They have won their games by an average margin of victory of 2 TD's, but had a close game against RMU (31-28).

GPI comparison

We fell hard this week in the GPI from #37 to #48. That is because of Delaware and UNH losing.

Sacred Heart is #89.

Prediction

I think we should win this and win it big. Sacred Heart hasn't seen anything like what the Danes will be bringing to Fairfield. I expect a blow out and I think a margin of anything less then 3 TD's should be a dissapointment. Sacred Heart is riding high on its undefeated schedule, but the Danes know that!

No homefield advtange to Sacred Heart. They have horrible attendance and the trip to Fairfield will feel like a short ride for the Danes who are now seasoned travelers.

I think McCarty will have a 200+ yard game. I really hope Espo gets its together this game. I'd love to see that kid we saw in the first half of the UNH game come back. He looked great. I haven't seen it since.

I'm going to the game with a friend of mine and my son. Do I need to buy tickets in advance? I can't see it being hard to get but I wanted to be in the "UA section" if I can.

I wouldn't worry about buying tickets ahead of time. There is a general admission away-side on the Albany sideline.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...0&encType=1

This is a game we should win going away. For some reason I feel it will be closer then it should be. They need to get McCarty established early and often, get a lead built and work on Vinnys passing game. The CCSU game should have never been that close. A costly interception gave them a chance. Our Oline needs to take over the game as well and crush these guys!

Just trying to gauge UA this season. Was CCSU(I know they are good but we had em 24-9) that good or did we play a poor game? Obviously the INT and fumble as well as penalties are hurting the outcome a bit. Sacred Heart is dangerous because they believe they are good and that makes an opponent scary. Our D is actually playing better then I thought but we are always giving up the score to end the half or the game. They get comfortable and things end up getting tight.

UA 35

SHU 14

This is a game we should win going away. For some reason I feel it will be closer then it should be. They need to get McCarty established early and often, get a lead built and work on Vinnys passing game. The CCSU game should have never been that close. A costly interception gave them a chance. Our Oline needs to take over the game as well and crush these guys!

Just trying to gauge UA this season. Was CCSU(I know they are good but we had em 24-9) that good or did we play a poor game? Obviously the INT and fumble as well as penalties are hurting the outcome a bit. Sacred Heart is dangerous because they believe they are good and that makes an opponent scary. Our D is actually playing better then I thought but we are always giving up the score to end the half or the game. They get comfortable and things end up getting tight.

UA 35

SHU 14

I think we played a poor fourth quarter. One or two plays and that game could have been a blowout. The other thing is that we have been bad in closing out games this year. If we could close we'd be sitting 4-2 (or even 5-1) with another CAA win and looking at the playoffs instead of the Gridiron Classic.

Getting out early on Saturday will be key. SHU needs a reminder that they aren't on the same level as Albany. They need that reminder early and often.

They had about 3,000 for Robert Morris.

"Football Game Day Parking

All parking lots adjacent to Campus Field and the William H. Pitt Center are reserved parking lots for home football games. Tailgate Village is located in the Curtis Hall parking lot and a current season Tailgate Village parking pass is required to enter. The Tennis Court parking lot and the Pitt Center Circle are reserved for game officials, media, visiting team officials, corporate partners and handicapped accessible parking and require a current General Athletic, Media or Corporate Partner parking pass to enter. Tailgate Village parking passes are available on a season basis only and are not available for single game purchase. No Tailgate Village parking passes will be sold to current students. "

It isn't a very big campus.

2230.jpg

I'm going to the game with a friend of mine and my son. Do I need to buy tickets in advance? I can't see it being hard to get but I wanted to be in the "UA section" if I can.

I wouldn't worry about buying tickets ahead of time. There is a general admission away-side on the Albany sideline.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...0&encType=1

I thought so but I wanted to check since I haven't been to a road game for football.

Thanks for the parking info UAalum72!

Chuck Burton (CSN Way)

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com...p;tb=1&pb=1

Albany at Sacred Heart. No, really? Sacred Heart 6-0? Sophomore quarterback Dale Fink (1,279 yards passing, 16 TDs) is a good young talent, but then again they haven’t seen anything like Albany runningback David McCarty, either. The Great Danes, still the big dogs of the NEC, break the Pioneers’ perfect record.

Big Dogs 34, Pioneer Pups 17

Archived