UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Just about time to start a thread for UAlbany Football's upcoming game vs Monmouth, which is likely determining the FCS NorthEast Conference Champion.

Saturday, November 1 - home @ University Field

We need to pack the house Saturday.

Good attendance and another NEC Championship helps our stadium cause.

Monmouth results

Sat, Aug 30 at Rhode Island L 24-27

Sat, Sep 6 U of Maine -------- L 17-21

Sat, Sep 13 Coastal Carolina L 7-26

Sat, Sep 20 at Bryant --------W 30-17

Sat, Se 27 at R Morris --------W 34-26

Sat, Oct 4 St. Francis --------W 42-15

Sat, Oct 11 at Wagner --------W 31-17

Sat, Oct 25 C Conn St. -------W 30-20

From the Asbury Park Press blog: "FOOTBALL injury updates for Albany — Jose Gumbs is “questionable.” Fred Weingart is “probable”" per coach Callahan . I’ll check again by Friday morning…"

I don't know why it's not online, but Singleais' top-of-the-page story in the T-U was "Danes' Pandolf not on the run" on his matchup vs. Sinisi tomorrow. He played at Sachem High on LI for Fred Fusaro, Ford's first grad assistant. Ford remembers saying 'He just doesn't run well enough to play linebacker' but Freddie said 'take him and you won't be disappointed'. So now he's an undersized (6-foot, 245 - 15 lbs. under his roster weight) lineman on a D that held Sinisi to 59 yards last year.

For whatever it's worth (with the two teams' only common opponent, St. Francis, in bold):

Monmouth results (5-3)

Sat, Aug 30 at Rhode Island L 24-27

Sat, Sep 6 U of Maine -------- L 17-21

Sat, Sep 13 Coastal Carolina L 7-26

Sat, Sep 20 at Bryant --------W 30-17

Sat, Se 27 at R Morris --------W 34-26

Sat, Oct 4 St. Francis --------W 42-15

Sat, Oct 11 at Wagner --------W 31-17

Sat, Oct 25 C Conn St. -------W 30-20

UAlbany results (5-3)

Sat, Aug. 30 at UMASS L 16-28

Sat, Sept. 13 at HOFSTRA W 22-16 (OT)

Sat, Sept. 20 at UNH L 24-32

Sat, Sept. 27 at Univ. Del. L 7-38

Sat, Oct. 4 at Duquesne W 33-23

Sat, Oct. 11 Cent. Conn. St. W 24-22

Sat, Oct. 18 at Sacred Heart W 26-21

Sat., Oct. 25 St. Francis W 27-3

The Coastal loss for Monmouth is looking really bad. Same with the URI loss. But the Maine loss is a good one. Maine is a solid team this year and could end up a playoff team.

But our Delaware loss is looking worse and worse every week also.

The Coastal loss just sticks out in my mind after they lost to Stony Brook last week. This logic doesn't always work out, but we beat Hofstra, Hofstra destroyed SBU, SBU beat Coastal and Costal destroyed Monmouth at home.

That's really the only comparison I have. The St Francis games are hard to compare because the weather last week didn't allow anyone to do anything. Had it been dry that game could have been 42-0 at the half.

wow...just wow! that is all I got

UA wins next week, they clinch a share of the NEC Title and clinch a spot in the Gridiron Classic (I guess they still play that correct? Meaning the Great Danes would get an extra home game.)

35-17 and I am not sure if it should of been that close if we show up in the first half. The tale of two halves. WOW!!!!!Great turnaround @ the half. The second half of the game was the most complete half of football we played this season.

I really thought we would lay an egg after the first half had ended. McCarty is an unbelievable player. Should we win out this year and clinch the NEC, It is time for us to move onto the CAA. There are some people that think we will take a sep back next year, I don't believe that. We replace 3 Lineman and we have the same O minus Tim Bush. WE STILL HAVE MCCARTY!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB FELLAS!!!!! ENJOY YOUR SAT NIGHT. Then its Joe Walton and Co.

may I add that if McCarty did not stamp himself as NEC Offensive Player of the Year, I will be very upset.

Good job UA. Bring on the CAA.

What was the turn out?

Damn that was fun! I guess we figured out who the best running back in the NEC is today. I didn't see what his total was but McCarty was outta sight, just took the game over. I don't know the numbers for the crowd but it seemed decent and noisy - everybody loves a comeback.

Bobby Mo beat CCSU today so next week won't be easy.

Archived