UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pre-game Stony Brook Stories

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'm a little annoyed with Anthony saying that now that the fans are back.......fans are back?...... We've been there, 3400+ of us were there against Bing, 2200+ against BUMA. Maybe now we'll get more noise and people into the building but I find it a bit insulting that he thinks the fans haven't been there. Undoubtedly the atmosphere is better with students then without students but Tony....we've been there! Sorry you haven't noticed.

I watched the video of the Bing game-- sorry, no way were there 3400 in the building...not even close.

Each side sits around 1600...and the baskets around 600 each.

D,

I didn't take the count so I can't tell exactly how many were there but IMO there were around 3K there. I was there and the place looked a bit more full then usual. I've also rewatched the game 2 times and I thought the crowd was solid....heck there were probably 100-150 Bing people there.

I would take Raffa's comments with a "grain of salt" - after playing at Maine (and struggling) I'm sure he's just happy to be home and probably likes the fact that alot of his peers will be in attendance.

I'm sure as a player it's great to have your friends and fellow athletes in the house.

Bosi - you can't live on every word a 19 year old says.

He's in school to get an education, he'll learn from his comments.

I'm sure he didn't intend to hurt or insult us (those who support the team the entire season)!!!!!

He's working on passing Freshman English not advance sports interviewing.

I would take Raffa's comments with a "grain of salt" - after playing at Maine (and struggling) I'm sure he's just happy to be home and probably likes the fact that alot of his peers will be in attendance.

I'm sure as a player it's great to have your friends and fellow athletes in the house.

Bosi - you can't live on every word a 19 year old says.

He's in school to get an education, he'll learn from his comments.

I'm sure he didn't intend to hurt or insult us (those who support the team the entire season)!!!!!

He's working on passing Freshman English not advance sports interviewing.

Patch,

Fair enough....I know that allot of us go to every home game and really try to be as supportive as possible, chanting D-Fence/stomping D-Fence...singing UA..UA..UAUAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc. Hopefully he does appreciate the people who do show up and simply misspoke. We have great fan support considering what some of the other AE schools get.

I'll be there tonight...hopefully we can spur our boys on to another victory!

I watched the video of the Bing game-- sorry, no way were there 3400 in the building...not even close.

Each side sits around 1600...and the baskets around 600 each.

D,

I didn't take the count so I can't tell exactly how many were there but IMO there were around 3K there. I was there and the place looked a bit more full then usual. I've also rewatched the game 2 times and I thought the crowd was solid....heck there were probably 100-150 Bing people there.

The Box Score on ESPN shows attendance of 3409 for the Bing game...

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'm a little annoyed with Anthony saying that now that the fans are back.......fans are back?...... We've been there, 3400+ of us were there against Bing, 2200+ against BUMA. Maybe now we'll get more noise and people into the building but I find it a bit insulting that he thinks the fans haven't been there. Undoubtedly the atmosphere is better with students then without students but Tony....we've been there! Sorry you haven't noticed.

I thought that statement was clearly made in the context of the students being back. I don't think he ever said that the "fans weren't there." His statement was just meant to convey the message that now the students will be out in more force, that's all. I took no offense, because I think he's dead-on right. The noise level and energy is much higher when the students are there. Seemed like a fair and accurate statement to make; just my $.02.

Moreover, the last home game was pretty poor in terms of fans showing up who had chairback seats, at least on my side (section 200). Thus, I can understand some of the skepticism regarding the 3,400 attendance figure.

In any event, the more fans the better, and it's go-time tonight! It's Friday night; no excuses not to come! :)

I've actually been impressed with how well our players do in front of the cameras and reporters. To do that at age 19 is impressive. I think back to myself at age 19, and I wouldn't want to have to be in the public spotlight all the time or micro-analyzed on the blogs by posters like myself...haha! I wonder if our athletic department ever "coaches" the athletes on such matters or whether athletic departments in general do that at universities.

Raffa's been pretty fan friendly so far. He's introduced himself to the fans in Millionaire's Row several times this season, generally by crashing into or diving over their seats. I'm cutting him some slack on the quote, I don't think he said what he meant.

For those venturing to Sports Bars, I believe the game is on Directv channel 720.

Channel 720 is in the ESPN Full court package range. I don't have that listing. The game is also on channel 635 for those that have the sports plus package on directv.

Edit I see Mark S reported it is on 720. I still will be recording it off 635 in case I want to watch the replay.

Archived