UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Potential Presidents interviewed today

bleedpurple101

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for pushing the NCAA violations thread down. It's in the news one day and I've heard enough. So we're on double secret probation for wearing a pledge pin our our uniforms? Hah ha, joking.

God I hope the UC candidate gets the job. SUNY needs someone at the top who will question why NY runs its state university as it does. More importantly, we need some with the power to fight for change. She would make a great chancellor.

I'm going into mourning if we get the Buffalo State president. Might as well give the keys to the castle right to SUNY Buffalo and their UB2020 larceny plan.

Thank you for pushing the NCAA violations thread down. It's in the news one day and I've heard enough. So we're on double secret probation for wearing a pledge pin our our uniforms? Hah ha, joking.

God I hope the UC candidate gets the job. SUNY needs someone at the top who will question why NY runs its state university as it does. More importantly, we need some with the power to fight for change. She would make a great chancellor.

I'm going into mourning if we get the Buffalo State president. Might as well give the keys to the castle right to SUNY Buffalo and their UB2020 larceny plan.

Those 2 are for Chancellor, not President.

• 2 weeks later...

Big news today from the TU. Could they have a candidate within the next two weeks?

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=767455

I love the fact that this list is comprised of out of state candiudates. We need some fresh ideas. We need someone used to the idea of "big time" athletics, which in Albany means mid-major, ha ha

If it's a slow day, I'm definately Googling these people. It feels like Christmas morning! A new president after all these years.

David Felten, vice president for research and medical director, Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak, Michigan

Barbara Couture, senior vice chancellor for academic affairs, University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Ronald Berkman, executive vice president and provost, Florida International University

Beheruz Sethna, president, University of West Georgia

Richard Wells, chancellor, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

Could it finally happen? Is it really possible that we are on the brink of a permanent president? Like ATL said....it's almost like Christmas in February!

The last candidate from that article Mr. David Felton kind of peeked my interest. Sounds like he's had some interaction with medical schools etc. Perhaps if he were chosen he could assist in aligning us closer with Albany Law or Albany Medical College.

I like this guy's bio. He would certainly help us continue to build on our sciences (Albany Nano and our new UA/Albany Med building)

One word: Winner

David L. Felten: Vice president for research and medical director, Beaumont Hospitals ... was dean of the school of graduate medical education at Seton Hall University ... was undergrad at MIT ... professor and chair at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.

http://www.medingen.com/advisoryBoard_felten.htm

I also really like this guy, Beheruz Nariman Sethna, Columbia PhD in Marketing. UA needs to sell itself. He also has a huge technology background (Indian Institute of Technology) which again is good for building our sciences.

Lets take on President Simpson and UB. Bring it on!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beheruz_Sethna

Since this is a sports board, I'm trying to find something about their views on athletics. I haven't found much.

As far as athletics. As I said, I didn't find much. Barbara Couture went to U of Michigan as an undergraduate through grad school. I went to a Michigan game last year. 100,000 people were at the game. If you don't like major college athletics, you don't choose Michigan as your undergraduate university. Everyone goes to the game.

At this point I think any of those candidates would be fine. We just need someone in the chair to make the tough decisions.

None really appear to be connected to athletics, but neither did President Hall. He was a constitutional law scholar.

I don't think we'll know their stance on athletics until he/she shows up and tells us.

However, while I like Sethna's credentials, I would much rather have someone from a Division I school take the helm.

Plus I beleive Dr. McElroy is on the search committee, so I'm sure athletics is an issue presented.

Archived