UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Potential Presidents interviewed today

bleedpurple101

A few things:

1. sad

2. Where in the world is SBU getting the money to pay this guy:

A salary is yet to be finalized, but it is likely that Stanley will be paid substantially more than Kenny, who earned $427,300, including her public salary, private funding and a retirement annuity

3. That is an unbelievable hire for him. Washington U is an unbelievable school.

I want to write a note to someone but who should the note go to? It's not Philip's deal. There is no contact info on the presedential search website that I can find. Anybody have any suggestions?

SUNY Senior Administration

http://www.suny.edu/System_Administration/....cfm?navLevel=2

SUNY Board of Trustees

http://www.suny.edu/Board_of_Trustees/index.cfm

SUNY Board of Trustees Contact Form

http://www.suny.edu/templates/SUNY/Contactus/contactform.cfm

Trustees@suny.edu

Office of the Chancellor - Phone: 518-443-5355

NYS Commission on Higher Education -

hecomm.sm.web@nysemail.state.ny.us

NY Governor

http://www.ny.gov/governor/contact/index.html

UAlbany Interim President George M. Philip

presmail@uamail.albany.edu

UAlbany Interim Provost Susan D. Phillips

sdphil@uamail.albany.edu

Presidential Search committee

http://www.albany.edu/presidentialsearch/s...h_committee.php

University Senate

http://www.albany.edu/senate/

University Council

http://www.albany.edu/council/

Student Association Government: Executive Board, SA Senate, SA Supreme Court

http://www.albany.edu/studentassociation/aboutsa.shtml

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does this void in permanent leadership not evoke some outrage from the faculty, staff and students.

I've thought this for quite a while now.

Where is the university's student government?

What perfect time for the student association government to step up and show leadership.

How about motivating the university body, calling attention to this disgraceful situation,

and organizing some sort of protest.

Daniel Truchan, III (Class of 2009)

President, Student Association

pres@albany.edu

Samantha Bernstein (Class of 2010)

Vice President, Student Association

vicepres@albany.edu

Joshua Sussman (Class of 2010)

Senate Chairman, Student Association

SASenate@albany.edu

(518) 442-5640

Leah Rotella (Class of 2011)

Senate Vice Chairwoman, Student Association

VChair@albany.edu

(518) 442-5640

Jacob Crawford

Chief Justice, Student Association

court@albany.edu

F this $iena-- I put a call in to Nancy Z's office.

This is an embarrasment and frankly, the control needs to be wrested from this committee that cant seem to get out of its own way. Let me be clear-- if the process is supposed to be secret...than whomever gave out the info of candidates to the ASP and then THE TU...should have their head on a platter.

No FOIA request would cover that information.

Just think about the absurdity of this entire thing....COUNTRIES RUN ENTIRE ELECTIONS AND SWEAR IN NEW HEADS OF STATE IN LESS TIME THEN IT TAKES TO GET A UA PRESIDENT!

This is a disaster and quite frankly a joke! The guy who heads the search committee needs to be immediately replaced....start there! This is the very definition of incompetence.

This is an embarrasment and frankly, the control needs to be wrested from this committee that cant seem to get out of its own way. Let me be clear-- if the process is supposed to be secret...than whomever gave out the info of candidates to the ASP and then THE TU...should have their head on a platter.

I sent Chancellor Z an email to her UC email address maybe 6 weeks ago. Here was the response.

-------------------------

Thank you for your email of March 30, 2009.

The recent fiscal downturn and related funding issues have severely impacted the ability to properly fund UAlbany and in fact the entire University. UAlbany management has responded in a most professional way to take appropriate actions to mitigate the impact of the recent funding reductions on its core programs. Although a President has not yet been selected for the campus, the University and the campus have been very fortunate to have Interim President Philip directing the campus through this most difficult period. His experience and knowledge of the University has been extremely useful in addressing these severe fiscal issues. The University is hopeful that the Presidential search will be concluded soon.

Regarding the capital funding issue raised in your email, in the current multi-year capital plan UAlbany received roughly one-half the funds that Buffalo and Stony Brook received and roughly double the amount received by Binghamton. UAlbany received capital funding for its first and second highest priority capital projects, but did not receive funding for its third highest priority, the Stadium.

It should be noted that through the last three multi-year capital plans UAlbany received $588 million while Buffalo, Stony Brook and Binghamton received $593, $670 and $362 million respectively. The University is hopeful that as the State’s fiscal situation improves additional funding authority will be added to the capital plan to fund additional campus priorities.

Again, I appreciate your observations and assure you that I and the entire University will do all it can to ensure that UAlbany, and all of SUNY, receives the level of funding necessary to carry out its important mission. I hope you will join in that effort through your support of UAlbany.

Sincerely,

Nancy L. Zimpher

Chancellor- Elect

NLZ:caf

I sent Chancellor Z an email to her UC email address maybe 6 weeks ago. Here was the response.

-------------------------

Thank you for your email of March 30, 2009.

The recent fiscal downturn and related funding issues have severely impacted the ability to properly fund UAlbany and in fact the entire University. UAlbany management has responded in a most professional way to take appropriate actions to mitigate the impact of the recent funding reductions on its core programs. Although a President has not yet been selected for the campus, the University and the campus have been very fortunate to have Interim President Philip directing the campus through this most difficult period. His experience and knowledge of the University has been extremely useful in addressing these severe fiscal issues. The University is hopeful that the Presidential search will be concluded soon.

Regarding the capital funding issue raised in your email, in the current multi-year capital plan UAlbany received roughly one-half the funds that Buffalo and Stony Brook received and roughly double the amount received by Binghamton. UAlbany received capital funding for its first and second highest priority capital projects, but did not receive funding for its third highest priority, the Stadium.

It should be noted that through the last three multi-year capital plans UAlbany received $588 million while Buffalo, Stony Brook and Binghamton received $593, $670 and $362 million respectively. The University is hopeful that as the State's fiscal situation improves additional funding authority will be added to the capital plan to fund additional campus priorities.

Again, I appreciate your observations and assure you that I and the entire University will do all it can to ensure that UAlbany, and all of SUNY, receives the level of funding necessary to carry out its important mission. I hope you will join in that effort through your support of UAlbany.

Sincerely,

Nancy L. Zimpher

Chancellor- Elect

NLZ:caf

I have to say - an actual non-form letter response. Not much insight, but definitely not a form letter either. That's more than I can say about anything I've written to academic administrators at SUNY.

At minimum she acknowledges that UAlbany receives 1/2 the funding of peer SUNY Centers Stony Brook and Buffalo. Also, she is aware that New York’s capitol campus SUNY Center has a poor high school field. Essentially this is the equivalent of Michigan State (Michigan Center in Lansing) playing on a piss poor high school football field.

Understanding you have a problem is the first step to fixing it.

Archived