UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tiki Mayben - Uh Oh

Phoenix

So people still talking about putting CB on the hot seat? KB and his staff have got some serious issues on their hands. I hope that for KB that Tiki was the only player involved in selling on the team.

It was just one guy here who has coach on the hot seat.

You are right on the hopefully for the Bingo coach it is just one guy who is 140 miles from campus selling drugs.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is at least one Bing poster who is under the impression that this kind of stuff will keep Broadus at Bing longer....I fail to see how that's a good thing. Right now if I was a Bing fan I'd buckle up and hope nothing else happens before he leaves either on his own volition or is shown the door, that program is a mess. One incident you can overlook, two you take notice, three or four you have to start looking at the guy running things. The AD and KB have a serious problem on their hands.

Remember that he is innocent until proven guilty, and above all, it's just a sad thing to have to face, regardless of his guilt and whether he is ultimately convicted.

EDIT: The TU article reports that he was arrested, pursuant to a warrant, and found with 3.4 grams of a controlled substance on his person. Doesn't sound good. :(

I don't think Broadus is a "hoodlum" for trying to give a kid with talent a second (or third, etc.) chance. While I might not agree with the apparent pattern or scheme in place as far as recruiting suspect kids with talent, I can't fault him for giving kids a second chance if he in his best judgment thinks the kid can make it. In this case, it may turn out that he was wrong as to Mayben, but I don't think that makes him a Hoodlum.

But I still hate Bingo. UA!

I don't think Broadus is a "hoodlum" for trying to give a kid with talent a second (or third, etc.) chance. While I might not agree with the apparent pattern or scheme in place as far as recruiting suspect kids with talent, I can't fault him for giving kids a second chance if he in his best judgment thinks the kid can make it. In this case, it may turn out that he was wrong as to Mayben, but I don't think that makes him a Hoodlum.

I don't generally fault people from giving others second chances, but in Broadus's case he gave too many athletes too many chances. Just by virtue of having more than one questionable recruit on your squad, you run the real risk of radically altering the desired chemistry you need for the team to succeed. Broadus is guilty as charged of trying shortcuts with athletes other coaches didn't want. As others on this and the AE forum have stated, Broadus was/is much more interested in racking up short-term W's than in the long-term development of human character.

I'm not sure fans will treat them any differently then we do now. I don't fault Broadus for giving kids with trouble pasts a second chance or third. Clearly his method has brought success to Bing.

If Tiki is able to get out of this situation and Broadus allows him to play on the team; then I think that will cause fans to respond in a negative way.

New news coming out...

On Sept 13th Tiki was charged on campus for possession of marijuana. This was just released to the public now...only after his arrest last night. Shady shady athletic department...

How does the Department really believe people will believe they knew nothing and are shocked if only a few days before he was charged for drug possession...

I don't generally fault people from giving others second chances, but in Broadus's case he gave too many athletes too many chances. Just by virtue of having more than one questionable recruit on your squad, you run the real risk of radically altering the desired chemistry you need for the team to succeed. Broadus is guilty as charged of trying shortcuts with athletes other coaches didn't want. As others on this and the AE forum have stated, Broadus was/is much more interested in racking up short-term W's than in the long-term development of human character.

Face it folks----Broadus is a Hoodlum.

Archived