UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tiki Mayben - Uh Oh

Phoenix

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Capital News 9 Twitter page..Tiki Mayben is facing felony drug charges.

http://twitter.com/CapitalNews9

great catch they just posted more info..it was for selling and possession CRACK COCAINE

http://capitalnews9....rug-possession/

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/troy-1266771-drug-police.html

Never...ever wish ill-will on someone...but this kid had NO EXCUSES. He got into one of the premier academic institutions in America and flubbed it. No, make that three premier academic institutions (SYRACUSE, UMASS, BING).

I hope he can pull his life together one day...but this is just horrendous.

I am so glad Will...and our cross-town rival Fran...took a pass on this kid.

Honestly...what is this guy even DOING in Troy right now on a Wednesday in September?? Classes are in full swing at Bingo, shouldn't he be there GOING TO CLASSES and preparing for the season??? Further proof that Broadus is running a great program :rolleyes:

I went to school with Tiki for a brief time in middle school, and it doesnt seem like the kid has changed a bit. I do hope that he can turn things around, but I think he's had SO many chances that he needs to be held accountable for his actions this time.

I don't know what his prior criminal history is and I'm trying to remember my criminal law class, but I'm pretty sure he's looking at ~10 years for that much rock, especially if they got him on a "buy and bust" or similar selling sting where they can charge him with intent to distribute.

Honestly...what is this guy even DOING in Troy right now on a Wednesday in September?? Classes are in full swing at Bingo, shouldn't he be there GOING TO CLASSES and preparing for the season???

I was wondering why he'd be in Troy tonight also. This is awful news. I know he's had trouble at different schools before but nothing criminal as far as I remember.

I don't know what his prior criminal history is and I'm trying to remember my criminal law class, but I'm pretty sure he's looking at ~10 years for that much rock, especially if they got him on a "buy and bust" or similar selling sting where they can charge him with intent to distribute.

First, while none of this is funny...drunk idiot had me laughing on the AE board because one of my initial thoughts were..."3.4 grams...that azzhole is actually going light on someone and ripping them off for a short 8-ball." Yes, I know this from my lawyer days...not recreational knowledge.

That said, this all depends on WHAT THEY HAVE HIM FOR. If he is somehow connected to a bigger case (i.e., Federal) he is in a host of $iena. Even without it, Coke/Crack are Class A narcotics...and dealing carries an automatic federal sentencing guideline...but at 8 years, 10 months...down from the old 10 years.

However, if he is getting charged with conspiracy, distribution, etc...he is in a whole lot of hurt. He will be lucky to see the light of day in 6 years.

Archived