UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Purple & Gold Scrimmage

UAlbany Athletics posted this on their facebook account... they are promoting the Purple and Gold Scrimmage to students this year.

"Come Dancing with the Danes! Come see our Men's Basketball Annual Puple & Gold Scrimmage.

All students who come will automatically be entered into a raffle for a chance to be chosen for the following:

Half Court shot for $5000

30 Seconds inside the SEFCU Money Machine with a chance to win $500

One Night Accomodation at the Northwoods Inn in Lake Placid + 1 day ski pass

A free iPod

We will also have merchandise giveaways: hats, t-shirts, hoodies, & visors

The event will be hosted by DJ Don Juan

The dance crews "Nemesis" & "Under Construction" will perform

We will also have free pizza & wings for all of our guests

This event is going to be sick, don't miss it!"

http://www.facebook....9628946&index=1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems like a good thing to try to get more students involved with supporting the basketball team. Student attendance seems to be something people all want to increase and maybe a Midnight Madness type of thing would assist in getting students invested with watching and supporting the team early in the season.

It would be great if we could get more students to games this year...It was pretty embarrassing that we couldn't even fill up the student sections last year when we HOSTED the conference tournament!

Football is averaging over 1000 more people per game this year from last year and at the 2 home games I went to there seemed to be more students than in the past.

Hopefully the increased interest will carry over to basketball.

I remember when myself and GoDanesGo were 2 of the average 20 people that were in the student section back around 2002-03.

However, I think students showing up is key. I truly believe, after reading comments from players/coaches in the past, that we have the best, if not one of the top 3, 6th man in the conference.

Archived