UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A promising mystery

"The Great Danes should be better this year, although an absolutely vicious early schedule (at Syracuse, Siena and North Carolina, part of 10 road contests in their first 14 games) will almost assuredly leave them with a losing record going into conference play in January."

There other games in the OOC portion of the schedule....why are we assured to have a losing record? American is a shell of the team they were last year? Alcorn St. Detroit, Iona (picked ninth in the MAAC) a rebuilding Penn....CCSU, Loyola Chicago, Yale.... none of these teams are anything close to powers. We'll have our chances and who knows we might steal a few along the way.

Assuring a losing record IMO is to strong a statement.

I agree to some extent bosiydid...but just to clarify, I think Penn returns a good portion of their roster (I could be wrong). That should be a tough game.

Penn, like us went through a lot of injuries last season. Five of their kids missed substantial time with knee, ankle, shoulder injuries etc. They lost 2 starter returning three....and a couple of kids left school early to go elsewhere....BlueRibbon picks them 3rd in the Ivy League.

Should be a tough game but one we CAN win....

We are one week away from opening night and it's been pretty quiet today. Are there going to be any viewing parties down here in Long Island. I know most of us down here don't get ESPNU because Cablevision sucks.

Any guess on the starting five besides Ambrose and Harris?

It sucks that MJ won't be available for the first two....Syracuse is Syracuse and Morgan St. will be no pushover.

Watching him play in the P+G game made it worse. Would have been nice to bring a veteran starting five into what looks like a very young Syracuse team.

On Time Warner tonight at 7 Syracuse has an exhibition game against Lemoyne.

It sucks that MJ won't be available for the first two....Syracuse is Syracuse and Morgan St. will be no pushover.

Watching him play in the P+G game made it worse. Would have been nice to bring a veteran starting five into what looks like a very young Syracuse team.

On Time Warner tonight at 7 Syracuse has an exhibition game against Lemoyne.

I agree.....I've heard he's the most improved player from all of the returning kids. The Syracuse game we were going to be a serious dog anyway....the game that worries me is the following one, our home opener!

Archived