UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ CCSU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon guys, let's show some optimism around here. I understand the team has been frustrating to watch in non conference play thus far, but let's see how we do to start in conference games before we start wishing for lacrosse season. If we open conference play with 3 straight wins (which would be Bingo, Vermont, and BU I believe) I think everyone on here will be singing a different tune.

c'mon guys, let's show some optimism around here. I understand the team has been frustrating to watch in non conference play thus far, but let's see how we do to start in conference games before we start wishing for lacrosse season. If we open conference play with 3 straight wins (which would be Bingo, Vermont, and BU I believe) I think everyone on here will be singing a different tune.

Agree. Great post. Conference play is what matters. Yes, it sucks to lose games but this is what happens in non-conference play when you have an 8 or 9 game road trip and freshman playing significant minutes. Not saying we are a young team since I know several people on here don't like that but we still do have several freshman playing significant minutes.

Agree. Great post. Conference play is what matters. Yes, it sucks to lose games but this is what happens in non-conference play when you have an 8 or 9 game road trip and freshman playing significant minutes. Not saying we are a young team since I know several people on here don't like that but we still do have several freshman playing significant minutes.

I must say there are always days this time of year when I look forward to baseball and lacrosse seasons. Basically those are any days when it is brutally cold or there is a lot of snow.

But that being said, there is still at lot of basketball season left. I tend to agree while it has been frustrating there are reasons for optimism. Many of the young players have looked good at times and are getting significant minutes down the stretch of games. Also while the out of conference record isn't what we like there is often a fine line between wins and losses. Once they start executing down the stretch they will be fine.

To me the OOC is very important, it's very difficult to build a fan base and continued support/interest when you enter conference play 4-10....a record like that can create perception that this team sucks...why bother going. Yes, the ultimate goal of OOC is to get ready for conference play as the only way for a team from the AE to make the big dance is to win the tournament but OOC DOES matter! Getting a seed higher then 15 or 16 greatly helps when the brackets are slotted and announced. We've been to the tournament and lost, you can't get a more manageable game going 4-10.

If we get in this year (hypothetical) we are without a doubt PIG bound with the absolute best case scenario 16 seed....16 seeds are a combined 0-INFINITY against the #1 seeds.

Every game is important....in my mind there are important games and must win games...nothing less.

To me the OOC is very important, it's very difficult to build a fan base and continued support/interest when you enter conference play 4-10....a record like that can create perception that this team sucks...why bother going. Yes, the ultimate goal of OOC is to get ready for conference play as the only way for a team from the AE to make the big dance is to win the tournament but OOC DOES matter! Getting a seed higher then 15 or 16 greatly helps when the brackets are slotted and announced. We've been to the tournament and lost, you can't get a more manageable game going 4-10.

If we get in this year (hypothetical) we are without a doubt PIG bound with the absolute best case scenario 16 seed....16 seeds are a combined 0-INFINITY against the #1 seeds.

Every game is important....in my mind there are important games and must win games...nothing less.

I am in the middle ground group. OOC matters, could argue important especially if you are fortunate enough to make the tourney. But there are other things with the OOC that are important besides the record. Getting the young players valuable experience to execute down the stretch just being one.

As far as seed, I can't even begin to worry about seed now. This team needs to improve on things over the next 2 months (as most mid major teams do) before they can think about possible seeding.

I agree that I dont want a 4 - 10 OOC record, but if we sneak in as a 16, maybe the number 1 will sleep on us like Uconn did...

sigh.... sucks to lose

I agree that I dont want a 4 - 10 OOC record, but if we sneak in as a 16, maybe the number 1 will sleep on us like Uconn did...

sigh.... sucks to lose

No one wants to be 4-10. Coach addressed some points on Roger's show which Mark S included in his blog today. Big game Thursday to see how the team responds after a disappointing loss, but obviously bigger games starting next month.

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-coach-not-panicking-over-slow-start/5665/#more-5665

I'm not saying that the OOC is not important. It is very important and I agree with you about support/interest in a 4-7 team (don't give those three games away just yet) :). I'm just not going to get worked up over these loses. Now if we go 4-7 in the first 11 conference games that will be a different story.

Before people talk about a 4-10 OOC record they should probably understand we're playing 15 OOC games!

It's interesting reading on the AE board that Stony Brook is good this year at 6-3. Their best win (arguably) is at home against Columbia. Aside from that, their 5 other wins aren't really any "better" than our 4.

Archived