UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ CCSU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still struggling to understand what kind of team we are even trying to be. I'm sure I read something about up tempo before the season started. I'm sure I read something about going smaller and quicker.

With his best offensive game of the season, I'm still not sure how Giff has 35 minutes. Five TO's and beat to the basket a number of times.

Metcalf, Aronhalt, Black and Lindfors 7 minutes combined out of 225 available minutes (and that's w/ Johnson fouling out and Timmy w/4 for a while)? Doghouse?

Will Harris - 3 shot attempts from inside the arc? Really?

After a 13-2 rebounding advantage we end w/ only a 36-33 edge against a team that is really small.

1-11 from 3. Tim takes none. I know it's not his specialty but his % is always decent, has he been told not to shoot them. 33 and 34% the last two years (25% so far this year). Best on the squad last year. I mean really Jake Lindfors has hoisted more 3's than Tim in half the minutes played.

I guess were just not that good this year. We are a third through the season and I have not seen any improvements. At least the rotation was cut down. The teams we have played are nothing special either. We have 4 wins and those are all against teams with 250+ rpis. Two of those teams have 0 wins on the year!

I guess were just not that good this year. We are a third through the season and I have not seen any improvements. At least the rotation was cut down. The teams we have played are nothing special either. We have 4 wins and those are all against teams with 250+ rpis. Two of those teams have 0 wins on the year!

It's been a season of one step forward one step back...going nowhere fast.

It's possible(likely) that we'll go into the conference portion of the schedule at 4-10...

Looks like another losing season....under .500

Just rolled in from CCSU. Tough loss. Didn't see a box score but CCSU hit a bunch of free throws down the stretch. Tartt misses the breakaway dunk to just about ice the game....WOW! Also curious why he didn't shoot the 3 when he got the ball on the steal over on the wing (Scotty eventually dunked it but looked like he had a decent shot at 3 to tie). Anyway, I like the kid and he will learn. That said, I'm concerned that this is going to be another "bad" year. But there is a long way to go, hopefully the guys gel....I feel like we have a bunch of talent

Just got in from the game as well. That was pretty horrible.

I was thinking down the stretch when we were up four or five that we needed to have a good possesion and give ourselves some breathing room. We didn't. You can't have that thin of a margin of error on the road. Despite that we still had the chance to win when you all know what happened.

Despite his mistake Tartt is the only guy to get double digit minutes and not turn the ball over. I'm starting to feel better when he and Billy Allen are on the floor.

CCSU student chants at the end:

"just like football." and of course,

"dunk it" everytime Tartt touched the ball.

Archived