UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hart @ UA

McFan they did answer the question about the final sequence - with no time outs and 3 Frosh and a Soph on the court, they were trying to set up the final sequence, they got a solid shot ( Fr. Lindfors) which rimmed out, got an offensive rebound (Fr. Aronhalt) and a final shot (Fr. Black) all while down 2

UAlbany was out of timeouts, but Brown had told his players what he wanted to run. "We wanted to make sure we got the best shot we could, but we also wanted to run something with enough time where if we missed we'd have a chance to tip the ball in or tip it out for a shot," Brown said.

Hartford (6-15, 4-4) denied the ball from Black, leaving Lindfors to drive the ball into the lane as time ran down.

"He got a darned good look, and it rolled out," Brown said.

As for will they win more with or without Tim the rest of this year?

Brown has offered his opinion on that in post games and the news saying they need Timmy. CB, I think needs Timmy to attempt to play some D and value the ball a more. He is built like a Fullback yet guys take the ball right out of his hands or he floats soft nondescript passes. In my opinion, when Ambrose is a total defensive liability and constantly turns the ball over he becomes counter productive. When he plays average D and doesn't turn it over he can be dominant. The problem with Ambrose is that he shows us so much "God Given Talent" that we are overly attracted and infatuated with his potential.

That's more of an answer to the question what were you looking for there? I'm asking why look for a last shot (w/rebound time only)? I would have framed it this way: "Coach, the last play, recognizing no timeouts and down by two explain looking for only a last shot opportunity and not trying to extend the game"?

And yes it almost went in but was that a "darned good look"? I know some coach speak there but I just have a hard time that a 12 foot, heavily defended, off the dribble, leaner by your freshmen center is a "darned good look".

Patch, I almost completely agree with you last paragraph with a different set of eyes I guess. I sometimes think that because we see the talent we cut him little, and in some cases, no slack. The soft passes out top are killer, but Tim is not the only one guilty of those. I wish he could hold the ball better on his drives too, but I think that nearly half of his turnovers are due to sagging defenses that have no legit three point shooters to worry about.

As for the D. Poor at times for sure. But he gets it no matter his fault or not. Last night on one play he jumps out at a three point shooter and forces him to drive. Did he leave is feet? Yep. Play it perfect? Nope. Hartford is a three point shooting team however. Player pump fakes and drives all the way to the basket uncontested. Tim's fault? Partly. Blame 100% on Tim.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocker...Mark McGuire pens another great article. This is the stuff that Mark should be doing.

And you know what, Mark did it right-- didnt sugar coat the microscope that Coach will be under, while pointing out there is some young aggressive talent that are rookies. He even points out what some of us have been saying: TIM IS NOT A GO TO GUY...rather he is going to be a good 6th man (or could be).

Well done Mark...Well done

Neither one of these guys asked the most important question regarding last nights game, "why hold for the last shot down by 2 in your own building?"

And the second most "You really think this team, this year, wins more w/o Tim Ambrose on the floor?"

So yes I too am glad they hit on some of the issues and recognize coach is coaching for his future, but they missed out on the elephant in the room.

1- I wasnt congratulating Mark S.; guy is what he is...but that question should have come from him and not Mark M. who was writing a piece on the players being young and not a strategic move at the end of the game.

2- I think Mark M. did infer, and Will did clearly state, that we are better off without Tim on the floor at times right now. I dont think the wins really matter; whether we won 6 or none...does it really matter right now, except for pscyhe?

As Mark M. points out...the big elephant is how we are going to see these kids respond because his upperclassman have failed miserably at leading this team. I harken back to the conversation I had, as noted previously, with a prominent player from UA who stated, "I worry about this squad"...referencing the now "upperclassman" abilities.

I would agree that holding for the last shot when on the losing end

is a horrible stategy. We needed a good shot, but a good shot FAST.

Just in case we missed!

I wasn't disappointed seeing Tim on the bench at the end.

Really frustrating season.

I see alot of promise with such a young team. I like some of the intensity I see with the youngins. But, I have alot of doubt that things will materialize over the next month.

The entire team must be realizing now that without giving 1000% effort and intensity, that you just end up in the America East basement. Something to think about during the offseason.

I don't think anyone would disagree that this season has been a disaster but perhaps in all of the rubble and ashes we can find the future of this program.

Ultimately this extremely disappointing season will fall on the shoulders of Brown...like it or not he is the man ultimately responsible as he put this team together. If we are being honest...there is simply nowhere to run from that fact.

He'll have time to turn it around and I think he can and will....but there is a lot of work to be done.

Shocker...Mark McGuire pens another great article. This is the stuff that Mark should be doing.

And you know what, Mark did it right-- didnt sugar coat the microscope that Coach will be under, while pointing out there is some young aggressive talent that are rookies. He even points out what some of us have been saying: TIM IS NOT A GO TO GUY...rather he is going to be a good 6th man (or could be).

Well done Mark...Well done

Neither one of these guys asked the most important question regarding last nights game, "why hold for the last shot down by 2 in your own building?"

And the second most "You really think this team, this year, wins more w/o Tim Ambrose on the floor?"

So yes I too am glad they hit on some of the issues and recognize coach is coaching for his future, but they missed out on the elephant in the room.

1- I wasnt congratulating Mark S.; guy is what he is...but that question should have come from him and not Mark M. who was writing a piece on the players being young and not a strategic move at the end of the game.

2- I think Mark M. did infer, and Will did clearly state, that we are better off without Tim on the floor at times right now. I dont think the wins really matter; whether we won 6 or none...does it really matter right now, except for pscyhe?

As Mark M. points out...the big elephant is how we are going to see these kids respond because his upperclassman have failed miserably at leading this team. I harken back to the conversation I had, as noted previously, with a prominent player from UA who stated, "I worry about this squad"...referencing the now "upperclassman" abilities.

Very true on #1 above.

On #2, I do think wins matter. We are losing fans and more than likely recruits. I also like player development and was a big advocate of playing Mike Black and Blake Metcalf. I'd feel better if this was the year or even two years after the NCAA runs. But this is the third year and we appear to be at square one.

I would think some of the best news is that all the young guys are playing which hopefully limits the transfers this year.

My 2 Cents:

This has got to be the most frustrating team to root for ever. There's so much promise/ability/potential yet for various reasons they can't put it together to squeak out any W's. Black, Metcalf, and Aronhalt look more and more impressive every game. I'm just not at all impressed with Lindfors, I don't see what CB or anyone else sees in him. CB continues to frustrate me with his inconsistent coaching styles/decisions. Harris' injury has been devastating for Timmy...hopefully this team can pick up some wins in the tourny to prevent this season from being a complete disaster...

Archived