UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hart @ UA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the article in today's Times Union preceding tonight's game. Here is the link:

Attendance in decline for the Danes

I know that I'm old-fashioned, but I still prefer that articles written on the day of a game should focus on the play on the floor, instead of, as in this article, on some peripheral issue. Except for Hartford's possible lineup for tonight, there are no other facts dealing with how the teams line up against each other. A fact as basic as Hartford's current record isn't even mentioned.

I read the article in today's Times Union preceding tonight's game. Here is the link:

I know that I'm old-fashioned, but I still prefer that articles written on the day of a game should focus on the play on the floor, instead of, as in this article, on some peripheral issue. Except for Hartford's possible lineup for tonight, there are no other facts dealing with how the teams line up against each other. A fact as basic as Hartford's current record isn't even mentioned.

That's not old fashioned 71. That's just an expectation of good journalism.

Singleas is lazy. Instead of doing an actual analysis of the game, he does some quick research on attendance figures and grabs a quick quote from UA and slaps it together. Zero independent thought required.

BTW, I love the fact that we're still 3rd in the AEast and 2nd in the MAAC in attendance............laugh.gif

We're still third in the conference in attendance and the BPG should give us a bump.

Looking at the Hartford lineup it looks like we should be able to get some things done inside. Going from the past two games against two of the leagues better teams we seem to be trending upward. Hopefully that continues tonight.

That's not old fashioned 71. That's just an expectation of good journalism.

Singleas is lazy. Instead of doing an actual analysis of the game, he does some quick research on attendance figures and grabs a quick quote from UA and slaps it together. Zero independent thought required.

Well said Dane Fan.

Mark S should really know basic stuff about all the teams in the AE in my opinion in addition to knowing Albany. In addition to covering Albany poorly, about the only thing you get anything out of him on any of the other teams is complaints if one doesn't show for media day or which one Joe Lunardi is projected in the ncaa tournament on that day.

We're still third in the conference in attendance and the BPG should give us a bump.

Exactly. He compares both our and $iena's to-date average to last year's full-season average. We've yet to have our best day, while the TUC had its best-attended day in December. While neither is enough to invalidate the comparison, the difference is greater now than it wil be at the end of the season.

Looking for continued growth out of freshmen....paramount at this point is their development.

I can honestly say that I'm (as a fan/paying customer) prepared to take every loss from here on out in stride AS LONG AS THE TEAM SHOWS FIGHT...AND FRESHMEN CONTINUE TO IMPROVE/WORK HARD.

People were yelling to put Ambrose in the at the game... I was wondering what game they were watching. Ambrose was terrible.. you can only loose the ball, or throw it to no one so many times before you get pulled. (Six turnovers)

Archived