UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Tournament

UA'08

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win the PIG is anyone planning on going to Hartford Saturday?

I plan on being there regardless as I have an all session ticket and that is an especially slow sports weekend in Albany. Danes lacrosse, Danes baseball and the river rats are all on the road. The River Rats are on the road apparently because there is some kind of idiots convention :blink: going on in their arena that weekend. You couldn't pay me enough to attend that. Add to it RPI and union hockey also could be on a bye that weekend which leaves Hartford the best, closest sports option that weekend.

No tickets, but I am thinking I will end up being in the house.

Bob, did you get a king-size bed? :wub:

haggy

Room has 2 beds. You could always PM or call on the availability of the 2nd bed.

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure we will chat.

Everyone on the board can breather easier now...

If we win Thursday night I'll be there Saturday. I wouldn't want to miss the first time a PIG winner knocks off the #1 seed in the quarterfinals.

Didn't that happen a few years ago. i will look it up later.

DP, what I was remembering was the #1 seed going down in their first game in the QF. That last happened in 2004 when #8 SB (5-13) defeated #1 BU (16-2) 70-63 after defeating #9 UMBC 65-59. There were 10 teams that year so 2 play in games.

Also anyone following the league in 1988 would have enjoyed watching possibly the worst #1 seed in the history of the league, LCC (16-2) go down to # 8 UNH (3-15) 70-63. Only 8 teams played in the tourney so no PIG's.

So in any event I would not mind seeing the number #1 seed go down for the 3rd time in league history in the QF.

Just want to get some thoughts from the crowd here. I don't want to spend $75 on the full package for the tourney since I will only be at games that UA plays. Do you think I will be able to buy tickets for the play in game on Thursday at the box office before the game? What about Saturday? Any idea what the single game price might be?

Just want to get some thoughts from the crowd here. I don't want to spend $75 on the full package for the tourney since I will only be at games that UA plays. Do you think I will be able to buy tickets for the play in game on Thursday at the box office before the game? What about Saturday? Any idea what the single game price might be?

I think they are charging $25 per single session. I thought each school has some tickets for the sessions they play in, but I could be mistaken. I would call the UA ticket office and ask. Thursday I would think would be no problem to get a ticket. Saturday may be a little more difficult.

Info on VC coaches luncheon and AE tourney get together heads up.

The next Varsity Club Lunch with UAlbany Coaches has been rescheduled to Wed. March 3. Don’t miss the an opportunity to hear first hand from UAlbany coaches, Robert Ford, John Mueller and Chris Cannata. Find out about the incoming football class, and who to keep on eye on for baseball and softball. Lunch begins at noon in the Hall of Fame Room. $5 for Varsity Club members. You must register to attend! www.albany.edu/alumni/register.htm

Going to the AEC Championship Tournament? Look for an email early next week about information on where to meet up with other UAlbany alumni during the tournament.

Archived