UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Random Thoughts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Siena, the one guy who really makes me upset that we can't get is Rossiter. A player who boxes out hard, has a nose for the ball, is a bit undersized for a center but has success and grows as a player. There HAVE to be players who available who can be developed into that sort of role. Hopefully, Metcalf can turn into that kind of player.

Watching Siena, the one guy who really makes me upset that we can't get is Rossiter. A player who boxes out hard, has a nose for the ball, is a bit undersized for a center but has success and grows as a player. There HAVE to be players who available who can be developed into that sort of role. Hopefully, Metcalf can turn into that kind of player.

Need a Chris Kramer(purdue) as well. All Big Ten All-Defensive Team for 4 years. 2nd half he blocks downey and knocks it off his face out of bounds. NICE!

Watching the tournament...it's easy to tell what we need, a true shooter and an inside pressence. We already have Black to create, dribble penatrate, and everything else. I have a feeling, from watching the games, that Blake can be a solid inside pressence next season. That leaves us with missing a shooter. Who's going to step up?-I have no idea. Will it come from within the program or will we need to recruit someone, I don't know.

If you watch the teams in the tournament, there is a lot of movement off the ball, and always someone posting up in the paint to atleast spread the defense out off of the perimeter.

Watching the tournament...it's easy to tell what we need, a true shooter and an inside pressence. We already have Black to create, dribble penatrate, and everything else. I have a feeling, from watching the games, that Blake can be a solid inside pressence next season. That leaves us with missing a shooter. Who's going to step up?-I have no idea. Will it come from within the program or will we need to recruit someone, I don't know.

If you watch the teams in the tournament, there is a lot of movement off the ball, and always someone posting up in the paint to atleast spread the defense out off of the perimeter.

Welcome!!

I think Logan and Billy Allen both have the potential to be true shooters. Yes, Allen didn't show much this year but hopefully as a junior he will find the stroke that we heard about when he was recruited.

I don't think we have anyone who can be an real inside presence, at least on the offensive side. Blake seems to be able to rebound and play some good D but he really needs to work on his footwork, shooting and overall low post moves. I honestly think this is the area we need the most with the three scholarships available. Metcalf, Urli, Lindfors, and Puk just isn't going to cut it from an offensive standpoint. Who knows what Puk can offer but I hope it's some offense. I know we need a 3 but I think if we can get a solid 4/5 Juco I think that would mean so much more to this team. Just my opinion and probably not a popular one but......

Welcome!!

I think Logan and Billy Allen both have the potential to be true shooters. Yes, Allen didn't show much this year but hopefully as a junior he will find the stroke that we heard about when he was recruited.

I don't think we have anyone who can be an real inside presence, at least on the offensive side. Blake seems to be able to rebound and play some good D but he really needs to work on his footwork, shooting and overall low post moves. I honestly think this is the area we need the most with the three scholarships available. Metcalf, Urli, Lindfors, and Puk just isn't going to cut it from an offensive standpoint. Who knows what Puk can offer but I hope it's some offense. I know we need a 3 but I think if we can get a solid 4/5 Juco I think that would mean so much more to this team. Just my opinion and probably not a popular one but......

Here's the thing..I'm gonna disagree with you and here's why. Granted, i've only followed since 2005 (when I decided I was going to go to school here, with the 06-07 season being my freshman year) Since i've seen this team, we have never been a team which runs its offense through the post. Now whether that's a result of a lack of big man talent, or the superior guards/wings we have had is another debate. I think with the way this team is currently constructed, we would be much better off getting an athletic 2/3 who will run all day with Black and Tim.

The goal will be to add a post player, a wing and best available with the three scholarships we have.

Urli does have some post moves, not great but the best we have on this team. Metcalfs inside game at this point is garbage points in the paint, he needs to work on his footwork and post game.

I think we'll get a post kid with one of the three 'ships, hopefully someone who can generate some offense and/or kick out to an open shooter.

I'm still waiting for Allen to be the shooter we all thought he'd be, the kid has excellent mechanics, his shot looks good going up, good rotation JUST NEVER GOES IN. Also, Logan will be a shooter, I feel more confident in him then Allen. Logan has been cleared to do everything on the practice court so hopefully he has a great summer. Great upside with him.

I hope whom ever we get with the three 'ships can all run/keep up with Black.

Here's the thing..I'm gonna disagree with you and here's why. Granted, i've only followed since 2005 (when I decided I was going to go to school here, with the 06-07 season being my freshman year) Since i've seen this team, we have never been a team which runs its offense through the post. Now whether that's a result of a lack of big man talent, or the superior guards/wings we have had is another debate. I think with the way this team is currently constructed, we would be much better off getting an athletic 2/3 who will run all day with Black and Tim.

I hear ya but I'm not saying we should run the offense through the post. What I am saying is we need an option in the post, which we don't really have right now. Someone who can average 10-12 pts a game and 7-9 boards per game and maybe even more points than that but we need an option to keep the defense on their toes. If a team doubles on a driving guard that usually leaves a big man open along the baseline. SBUs Dallis Joyner will receive that pass and SLAM it home. The current players we have might fumble the pass and then miss a layup......OK, an exaggeration but I think you get what I'm hoping to see come to the team.

Only once in the past 4 seasons have we had a big average 10 ppg (Connelly) and no one has even touched 7 boards a game (Jamar being the closest his senior year @ 6.3). I think getting a big in this conference who can do that is unrealistic...especially when we don't put a focus on our bigs. I know Vermont has had a few great PF, but outside of that, I just don't see you finding a decent, let alone dominant big in this league

Only once in the past 4 seasons have we had a big average 10 ppg (Connelly) and no one has even touched 7 boards a game (Jamar being the closest his senior year @ 6.3). I think getting a big in this conference who can do that is unrealistic...especially when we don't put a focus on our bigs. I know Vermont has had a few great PF, but outside of that, I just don't see you finding a decent, let alone dominant big in this league

OK, maybe that is a pipe dream. How about 8 and 6? All I want is an option. Whatever they can produce as long as the defense needs to take note of them while on the court. I like Joyner a lot for the AE. He is big, can rebound and can throw it down. I just looked it up and he averaged 8 pts and 6 boards.

I think Zeollner was a 9/7 guy his senior year. That would be great. I just want an option.

So..I'm not assuming this is a likely scenario..but I just wanted to ask it.

Now that Tom Pecora went from Hofstra to Fordham..do any of you think that Coach Brown has even crossed the mind of the Pride AD? Do any of you think that Coach Brown has even considered asking around to see if the Pride would have the slightest interest in him?

I know Coach Brown isn't exactly a 'hot commodity' coming off this season..but his name is known..he's had some notable success over the past 5 years..he's from LI..he probably wouldn't cost as much as other top choices..and a jump from the AE to a middle of the pack CAA school isn't exactly a massive leap.

Again..I'm not suggesting any of this is at all likely..just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are.

Interesting idea Phoenix- I have no idea whether its a possibility (or what AD goes after a 7-25 coach), but I was suprised to find I was a bit up in arms thinking of CB taking off. After the close of the season I wouldn't have been opposed to a coaching switch, but I think with more reflection, I think Will is certainly entitled to one more year to prove what direction he is taking the program in and what he can do with these three remaining scholis.

According to John Holland's face book..."not coming back next year"

Also ads..."i have a chance to get some goood money so i really can't pass that up right now...i could always come back to school"

WOW...The AE going to be stupid weak next season. Huge loss for BU if true.

Archived