UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Random Thoughts

YO DAMIEN - I wholeheartedly agree with you on Lindfors. Hopefully someone can get to him and show him he could have a great career at UA if he worked to keep his butt in the paint.

Another thing that came to mind was the issue of attendance and fan support. I'm not sure who else made it to the MAAC championship game but that crowd was absolutely incredible...and it wasn't even sold out. Me and the guys I went with to the game couldn't help but say "damn, I'm jealous of this" At the same time we all agreed that even if we were in the AE championship game we couldn't produce nearly as lively of a crowd. (I know our venue is much smaller but I honestly didn't even see it reach capacity during the AE tourney last year). I know the school would like to get more students and people in general out to the game but there's got to be something it could do to boost attendance. I know the team was bad this year so that discouraged many of the "casual" fans. I also realize I'm talking to the cream of the crop in terms of our fan base but I'm sure you guys could agree with me that have a better fan base would help this program in numerous ways. - YO DAMIEN

I'm not sure how old you are but if you attended our 1st AE Championship game at the RACC you would understand that even at UA we know what excitement is.

What sleeping outside waiting for tickets was like and how electric the RACC really was and how to storm the court without getting malled by security.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the first time UA won the AE title on our home court.

If our team is good, we WILL fill the Sefcu. That place was ROARING that day. And the rushing of the court at the end was great.

Another thing that came to mind was the issue of attendance and fan support. I'm not sure who else made it to the MAAC championship game but that crowd was absolutely incredible...and it wasn't even sold out. Me and the guys I went with to the game couldn't help but say "damn, I'm jealous of this" At the same time we all agreed that even if we were in the AE championship game we couldn't produce nearly as lively of a crowd. (I know our venue is much smaller but I honestly didn't even see it reach capacity during the AE tourney last year). I know the school would like to get more students and people in general out to the game but there's got to be something it could do to boost attendance. I know the team was bad this year so that discouraged many of the "casual" fans. I also realize I'm talking to the cream of the crop in terms of our fan base but I'm sure you guys could agree with me that have a better fan base would help this program in numerous ways.

You must not have been at the AE championship game at the RACC...same kind of scenario, us being a home team in our building. Let me tell you...IT WAS OF THE CHAINS. I remember the ear splitting roar of the RACC with each bucket. Much smaller and intimate environment...I remember my years ringing the rest of that day and all night. It was crazy!

The following season home opener against Bucknell...sold out RACC was also incredible. A packed SEFCU is every bit the TUC's equal for sheer excitement, on most days it's significantly better then 6K in a cave when most of the blue hairs are sitting on their buts. How many times have Siena fans asked...are we at a funeral or basketball game? We got almost 2700 on average this season and it was a bad season...win and the 3K-4K crowds will be back and SEFCU will be bumping.

"Another thing that came to mind was the issue of attendance and fan support. I'm not sure who else made it to the MAAC championship game but that crowd was absolutely incredible...and it wasn't even sold out. Me and the guys I went with to the game couldn't help but say "damn, I'm jealous of this" At the same time we all agreed that even if we were in the AE championship game we couldn't produce nearly as lively of a crowd." - YO DAMIEN

when the team plays well ... students, locals, and alums will come out ... otherwise we only have the loyal core ... but, UA is certainly capable of producing "nearly as lively of a crowd"

a walk down 05-06 memory lane ...

pick it up around the four minute mark if you're pressed for time

we will get it together agian ... just take our lumps for now

"Another thing that came to mind was the issue of attendance and fan support. I'm not sure who else made it to the MAAC championship game but that crowd was absolutely incredible...and it wasn't even sold out. Me and the guys I went with to the game couldn't help but say "damn, I'm jealous of this" At the same time we all agreed that even if we were in the AE championship game we couldn't produce nearly as lively of a crowd." - YO DAMIEN

when the team plays well ... students, locals, and alums will come out ... otherwise we only have the loyal core ... but, UA is certainly capable of producing "nearly as lively of a crowd"

a walk down 05-06 memory lane ...

pick it up around the four minute mark if you're pressed for time

Wow.

I don't recall Zollner being that good but he looked pretty good in those clips. I've always thought Giff was better but perhaps I need to reconsider.

But yeah, those were the good ol days. We'll be back.

I am not sure what you mean by UA having nearly as lively crowd. Siena has never had lively crowds in the years I went to their games. It has been a while since I saw a game there. It was an evenly matched winless Iona vs. an approx .500 LCC. Place was a morgue except behind the Iona bench. Did those LCC fans finally get replaced by real fans. No way.

What the heck are people talking about here? They have a couple of lively games in that cave and people think they have a great atmosphere in that building?

I read their board regularly, there are CONSTANT complaints about how dead the crowd is, how much the tarps suck etc. GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!

Of course they had a lively crowd for the championship game...IT'S NOT EXACTLY ROCK CHALK KANSAS STYLE.

The crowd at the TUC sucks most of the year as far as volume, participation...even the Siena fans complain about the number of people just sitting there. Are some really envious of the TUC crowd?

When this program get's back to the winning way like back in Jamar years...SEFCU is a very difficult place to play in. Think back to the NCAA years...it was ROCKING.

It will ROCK AGAIN!

So anyone hear about any of the money games we'll be playing next year?

The siena series ends next year right?

Any home and homes with good mid major teams starting up next year?

Most likely two money games...schedule just about done. Doesn't mean most of us will get any kind of peak at it for month's.

So anyone hear about any of the money games we'll be playing next year?

The siena series ends next year right?

Any home and homes with good mid major teams starting up next year?

Most likely two money games...schedule just about done. Doesn't mean most of us will get any kind of peak at it for month's.

Are the opening round legends classic games considered money games?

I didn't mean to say that our crowd hasn't ever been a good crowd. I did mention in my post that I realize the past 2 years were down years for the program so naturally the crowd wasn't at its best...I get that. I wasn't trying to say the Siena crowd is consistently good or great or whatever because I honestly wouldn't know...I only went to 2 Siena games this year (our game with them and the MAAC championship game) and those 2 games probably produced their top 2 crowds...You're right I haven't been here long enough to speak too much about the issue but last year's tourney game against UVM is my favorite game as a Albany fan. Thanks for the video though, that was cool, makes me excited for the NCAA's this week and our season next year!

03.11.10:

The season ended with a loss in the conference tournament to Stony Brook. We played solid overall. We hit a 10 minute stretch in the second half where we did not score a field goal and that was the biggest difference in the game. Our young kids played extremely well in this game which bodes well for the future. I was concerned because this would be the first conference tournament for the freshmen. They handled it well!

It was a long year but the kids worked hard and gave a consistent effort each day. We are excited about the future and expect to be much improved next year. We have a lot of work to do in the off season!

This is a busy time of year on the recruiting trail. We will sign three players during the spring signing period and the goal is for all three to be able to contribute immediately and make a difference!

not to stir things up, but i noticed in browns last blog entry of the season he does not say anything about the seniors. i remember his posts in other years of how he thanked his seniors and wished them well in the blog. glad to see he will try to bring in 3 players that can play immediately.

Archived