UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Random Thoughts

Puk is at 240 right now...if he can get to 250 it would be excellent for a guy his size. Mind you, 250 if it's muscle and not fat...I'm sure they are working him pretty hard in the weight room to get him up to desired weight.

I hear he is pretty mobile for a guy his size and can run the floor, also has a soft touch around the rim.

He's a nice guy...maybe to nice when he's on the court.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the story with Ralph Watts? At 6'6, an 82 scout grade from ESPN, he SOUNDS ideal. Obviously not playing this year speaks to where the staff feels he is (perhaps also to where they thought Harris would be?) but I was hoping for more information on him.

What is the story with Ralph Watts? At 6'6, an 82 scout grade from ESPN, he SOUNDS ideal. Obviously not playing this year speaks to where the staff feels he is (perhaps also to where they thought Harris would be?) but I was hoping for more information on him.

People say this kid can play.

He could have helped this year but him redshirting will help him and us down the road, I think the staff thought they'd get a bit more out of Harris and could afford to redshirt him, it didn't go so well though.

I think he needed some additional strength and I think he 6'5" at best.

Like clickclack said I think CB thought that he would get more out of Harris then he did.

The good thing is Watts will have a year of familiarity with DI along with additional strength and maturity.

As many of you know already, UVM won the AE East Title today. BU, IMHO, looked outmatched in all areas. BU seemed to have no offense beyond the 3-point shot.

There is also no way BU had 600 fans there, at least not in the same sections that UA's 600 sat (the two columns of seating behind our bench). The thin column of seating behind the bench and all the way to the right was all red (as ours was all purple in 07), but in the second column of seating, which was all purple in 2007 (I sat atop this second column of seating), red only went a few rows up (10 or so), then all UVM. I think BU failed to sell their 600 tickets. Did anyone else notice this fact in the stands? It was so obvious unless BU fans were placed somewhere opposite the players' benches on the camera-side of the Gym.

As many of you know already, UVM won the AE East Title today. BU, IMHO, looked outmatched in all areas. BU seemed to have no offense beyond the 3-point shot.

There is also no way BU had 600 fans there, at least not in the same sections that UA's 600 sat (the two columns of seating behind our bench). The thin column of seating behind the bench and all the way to the right was all red (as ours was all purple in 07), but in the second column of seating, which was all purple in 2007 (I sat atop this second column of seating), red only went a few rows up (10 or so), then all UVM. I think BU failed to sell their 600 tickets. Did anyone else notice this fact in the stands? It was so obvious unless BU fans were placed somewhere opposite the players' benches on the camera-side of the Gym.

I was there yesterday. I sat opposite of Vermonts bench towards the top. There were no BU sections other than behind the BU bench.

AE forum said that BU sold about 150 tickets (rest were returned to UVM for sale) and some of those were sold to Vermont fans who were in Boston.

It may have been a little more than that when you count the band and students, but not by much. There were only a few Vermont fans in the BU areas that I could see. I was blocked from seeing all the way on top of the opposite side where the BU band was.

I was there yesterday. I sat opposite of Vermonts bench towards the top. There were no BU sections other than behind the BU bench.

Enrollment of 30,000 (BU) and 150 people buy tix to the AE Title game?! I know it's hockey-playoff time and all but still ... .

Enrollment of 30,000 (BU) and 150 people buy tix to the AE Title game?! I know it's hockey-playoff time and all but still ... .

They have few very good fans. The kid in the hot dog suit was there. But they don't have a lot of basketball fans.

I, for one, am glad Vermont took it.

The only reason being that I'm glad that BU's new coach

didn't get to take WOLFE's team to the tournament.

What did they say, 9 BU seniors are leaving the program.

Now, the coach can build a program on his own recruits.

And we'll see if he's worth any salt.

Funny thing. The year following Trimboli's departure, Vermont finally gets to the tournament.

What did they say, 9 BU seniors are leaving the program.

Now, the coach can build a program on his own recruits.

And we'll see if he's worth any salt.

Funny thing. The year following Trimboli's departure, Vermont finally gets to the tournament.

I was rooting for BU and was hoping I would see Vermont's bid for the NCAA end for the 5 straight year. The 4 with Trimboli crying at the end were great. However I have no problem with Vermont. They had been close the last few years and certainly are a more deserving representative in the tourney than last years AE representative.

I felt the same way. I don't know that I was rooting for Vermont but I didn't mind seeing them win. I agree about Chambers, although he seems like a decent coach and a decent guy it was tough to root for them.

I've felt for his four year in the AE that Blakley has been a bit overrated. I take all that back from yesterday, that was a dominating performance.

It's been a while since I've last posted but here are my final thoughts for this season and first thoughts going into the off season:

I'm actually a bit sad to see Harris go...although he was maybe the most frustrating guy to watch over the past couple years because he never reached his incredible talent potential, but I look at it as just that- we are losing a talent guy who couldn't get it together

I pretty much agree with everyone else in saying that Black has me really excited for what he can do as gets older/stronger/more experienced...Hopefully he pans out better than Tim or Will did with their talent...Let's hope he can handle being the "pride and joy" of the team better than they did, because as we all know potential=pressure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm not sure what anyone see's in Jake's game as we saw it this year. If he really can shoot he's yet to prove it to me. IMO he needs to get bigger, get tougher, and re-tool his game to fit physical gifts (tall, quick, lanky). Maybe if we get some one else who can shoot from the arc he will stop feeling compelled to?

Some leadership next year please? Somebody has got to emerge as a leader next year. It was pretty evident that there was no leadership this year. Since this young group played so much last year I see no reason why a soph can't fill this role (for some reason Blake seems fiery enough to fill this role?)

Another thing that came to mind was the issue of attendance and fan support. I'm not sure who else made it to the MAAC championship game but that crowd was absolutely incredible...and it wasn't even sold out. Me and the guys I went with to the game couldn't help but say "damn, I'm jealous of this" At the same time we all agreed that even if we were in the AE championship game we couldn't produce nearly as lively of a crowd. (I know our venue is much smaller but I honestly didn't even see it reach capacity during the AE tourney last year). I know the school would like to get more students and people in general out to the game but there's got to be something it could do to boost attendance. I know the team was bad this year so that discouraged many of the "casual" fans. I also realize I'm talking to the cream of the crop in terms of our fan base but I'm sure you guys could agree with me that have a better fan base would help this program in numerous ways.

There's plenty more to say but I feel like the rest is pretty much just repeating what's already been said...so I suppose this is all for now...

Archived