UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2010-2011 Danes

.500 or just around .500. Remember...this team is still going to be primarily sophs as the main contributors. Unless one of the red-shirts has a ridonkulous year, this will be a building block year (chemistry year)...with the real rewards in 2011-12.

Realistically a .500 year with 7-9 wins in a very weak AE would be considered a good year. Once the three scholarships are handed out we'll get perhaps a little better feel for what the outlook will be.

I honestly don't know if this team will be "much" improved next year, there are some decent building blocks but they are very young, a lot of pieces need to come together.

I remember a similar conversation a couple of years back when it was said that next season will be a rebuilding year with 09-10 season UA returning back to the top...it didn't go according to that plan somewhere along the way we went off track... so I'm not looking beyond next year. To much can and probably will happen. We need to get back to some fundamentals of UA hoops, tough D, pounding the glass and we NEED to find some kids that can score the ball.

This season should and will sting for a while, bitter pill to swallow.

I expect a great deal of improvement.

We will be settled at PG with Mike Black and I would expect Jacob Iati to be able to back him up and be a viable 3 point threat.

Timmy, I believe will benefit from a different environment and I'm hoping for him to have a GOOD senior year.

Logan Aronhalt (if he gets healthy) could be an explosive offensive threat.

Metcalf avg almost 4 rpg in 15mpg and shot a respectable 46% if he works hard on his game there is no reason why he can't get 7ppg and 6 or 7 rpg in 25mpg especially if he works on his FTs

Urli will be serviceable also 5.5ppg and 3 rpg in 18 mpg

Billy Allen has to become consistent he knows how to play but has become a one dimensional offensive player. Two years after back surgery and two years left there is no reason why he can't become an intergal part.

Lindfors could be significant if he starts to play inside and use his athletic ability and quickness. When he played inside this year at times he was very good and probably could have made the All Rookie team but he just wants to drift outside and shoot the 3.

Hopefully Puk and Watts can contribute.

Of the three scholarships we have atleast 1 has to be a primary contributor if more then 1 is an impact player we will be fine.

With Black at the point it seemed we tried to run more then usual and I hope that continues

Would going from 7 wins to 15 be considered a "great deal of improvement"?

Black is the key to next years success...not to put to much pressure on the kid. He and Logan should be the starting duo in the back court for the remainder of their careers. I'm really high on Logan also, he really started coming together towards the end of the season, great potential with him especially if he can regain some of that pre-injury form.

I would hope 15 but improvement is like beauty - it's in the eyes of the beholder.

A "great deal of improvement" of course is easily measured by Ws and Ls but to ME it's more how they play the game. We gave away games this year with guys making the same mistakes over and over.

We need to get back to some fundamentals of UA hoops, tough D, pounding the glass and we NEED to find some kids that can score the ball. - clickclack

It's called commitment to the TEAM.

This year I felt there were a few guys who didn't care if we won or lost as long as they got theirs.

With a guy like Lillis it was always about the team and "let's win". Even after his great Senior year I'd bet he was unhappy because we didn't win enough. He wanted a Championship not stats.

We need a TEAM with that mentality.

I would hope 15 but improvement is like beauty - it's in the eyes of the beholder.

A "great deal of improvement" of course is easily measured by Ws and Ls but to ME it's more how they play the game. We gave away games this year with guys making the same mistakes over and over.

We need to get back to some fundamentals of UA hoops, tough D, pounding the glass and we NEED to find some kids that can score the ball. - clickclack

It's called commitment to the TEAM.

This year I felt there were a few guys who didn't care if we won or lost as long as they got theirs.

With a guy like Lillis it was always about the team and "let's win". Even after his great Senior year I'd bet he was unhappy because we didn't win enough. He wanted a Championship not stats.

We need a TEAM with that mentality.

As Patch, I think, is already intimating. We need a team LEADER.

Certainly no way to know but I felt watching us that if we had switched to the freshman backcourt at the beginning of the season instead of the middle we would have been a middle of the pack AE team. Those aren't super high hopes but that's what I'm shooting for next year.

I'm not as enthused as some with the prospect of bringing in multiple Jucos this year. I've like some of the Juco guys we've brought in previously (Siggers, Hastings) but would only like to see one in this class. In fact I'd propose a two juco max guideline. Plus they have to be from Texas!

I'd like to see us bring in a juco wing, Kameron Ritter and a big guy. I'm not as worried about as I am about this group of players we able to work as a unit for the next couple of years.

Certainly no way to know but I felt watching us that if we had switched to the freshman backcourt at the beginning of the season instead of the middle we would have been a middle of the pack AE team. Those aren't super high hopes but that's what I'm shooting for next year.

I'm not as enthused as some with the prospect of bringing in multiple Jucos this year. I've like some of the Juco guys we've brought in previously (Siggers, Hastings) but would only like to see one in this class. In fact I'd propose a two juco max guideline. Plus they have to be from Texas!

I'd like to see us bring in a juco wing, Kameron Ritter and a big guy. I'm not as worried about as I am about this group of players we able to work as a unit for the next couple of years.

Yeh the JUCO route doesn't always work out, if they do decide to go heavy JUCO I hope a lot of time and effort is spent on evaluating the fit. Personally I'd love to get a promising freshmen with at least one of the 3 'ships. But we do need some experience.

Would going from 7 wins to 15 be considered a "great deal of improvement"?

Black is the key to next years success...not to put to much pressure on the kid. He and Logan should be the starting duo in the back court for the remainder of their careers. I'm really high on Logan also, he really started coming together towards the end of the season, great potential with him especially if he can regain some of that pre-injury form.

Logan's biggest issue was his hands. He dropped a lot of pass. He was like Braylon Edwards out there. I didn't really see him struggling condition wise, etc. He definitely needs work on ball handling though.

I know sometimes I can be unrealistically optimistic; but I feel next year we can move back to top three in conference. With a year under their belts, thrown into the fire sort of speak, the young kids should be much improved and ready to compete. The red shirts look on paper at least of being able to help. We should get something (anything will be an improvement over Harris (in my opinion)) with the three schollies. The staff I am sure is as angry over last year as all of us (does anyone really think they do not care; I know some think they are not capable, but I do not think anyone can think the staff is satisfied with 09-10). Lastly, the league does not appear all that strong and just about everyone will be losing key contributers. So with hard work and perhaps an "attitude" adjustment I think we can definitely move back near the league top!

To be quite hones and maybe I'm the only one that feels this way but I'm so shell-shocked after this season that I don't know what to expect.

This season was an unmitigated disaster!

That is where I am at as well. I have no idea what to expect and it is hard to even set expectation since much like this past season we will have a lot of new players, 6 total (3 scholarships, 2 redshirts and 1 transfer (Iati)). A lot will depend on if the first year players this year take the next step in their development next year. I think the 3 scholarships are huge right now and I don't care what the blend is between juco and freshman as long as they fill the needs and they are good character/hustle players.

Archived