UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football - First Preseason Practice (8/9/2010)

Depth chart is interesting. I wouldn't put too much stock in it, but DiLella at QB and Tremaine Wilson at TB.

I see that Wiki has a depth chart template on their site: Depth Chart

I would consider creating a page for it, but I don't even know what kind of schemes we use.

For offense they have:

Pro-Set

Option

Wishbone

Flexbone

Run & Shoot

Spread(default)

Spread Option

I-Formation

Big I-Formation

Single Set Back

For defense they have:

4-3 (default)

3-4

4-4

3-5

3-3

4-2

5-2

Any takers for creating a depth chart for this year's team?

Amazingly the Media Guide is out, more than three weeks before the first game. Let's see if the media uses it.

Kudos to the SID for getting it out early.

Depth chart is interesting. I wouldn't put too much stock in it, but DiLella at QB and Tremaine Wilson at TB.

That depth chart isn"t very accurate . Drew his only working at TB i still think the QB situation is up for grabs after watching yesterdays practicei would'nt count Leathley out he looked very good as did Dan

Amazingly the Media Guide is out, more than three weeks before the first game. Let's see if the media uses it.

Kudos to the SID for getting it out early.

That depth chart isn"t very accurate . Drew his only working at TB i still think the QB situation is up for grabs after watching yesterdays practicei would'nt count Leathley out he looked very good as did Dan

Agreed. They really need a new spot on the depth chart for Drew Smith. He should be the #1 or #2 in about 4 positions.

Best all around player we have ever had.

I was going to make mention of the fact they had Drew running the ball in the video. I am sure he was in video for multiple positions, however I would have to think they asked Fordie what position Drew was more than likely to play and cut the video based on that.

I think if we can get anything from Dan D. and Buddy...we just go with it and put Drew in as our TB/Slot (he has the size)/and QB at times (wildcat or not). The small amount of video I have seen of Dan and Buddy shows me they both could play. Then you have that kid who will probably redshirt from Central NY.

Now...I want to say this first-- good job getting the media guide out. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, you couldnt find a fricken updated John Fallon Field picture? My only guess is they want to keep it "working class" so they can get money for upgrades to UA Athletic facilties. Other than that stretch, they have no business using that old as hell, non-stand related picture of JFF.

That is just sad.

Good to hear that someone is pulling ahead. I'm not a fan of platooning QBs. It'd be really nice to see a succession of two-year starters roll through. 2 to 3 years learning the system and 2 years to start. Looks like that could be possible with DiLella and Leathey behind him.

Archived