UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why you don't freak on early season games...

Dane96

SJU, picked 6th...and with stud Dwayne Polee Jr. beats Columbia by 16...having only blown it open late.

Hofstra...gets smoked by 46....YES 46...on a neutral court to a rebuilding (reloading, whatever) UNC.

Come off the cliff y'all.

SJU, picked 6th...and with stud Dwayne Polee Jr. beats Columbia by 16...having only blown it open late.

Hofstra...gets smoked by 46....YES 46...on a neutral court to a rebuilding (reloading, whatever) UNC.

Honestly I think people are freaking out from the second half of the 08-09 season and all of last season and a bad start does not help.

Well, because we have had at it a bit today, and because you claim that I "borrow proverbs", I offer this gem of a demotivational poster that my friend sent me today:

excusesdemotivationalpo.jpg

I'm a little confused why you would even give that UNC example. They're ranked #8 in the nation. Yes, they should beat Hofstra by 46. I wouldnt exactly call the #8 team in the nation rebuilding or reloading. Unfortunately, we have been "rebuilding" for years now with no results.

Since you are ever the optimist, at what point would you suggest that a change needs to be made or that the season is spiraling downward?

I'm not freaking because except for a four minute stretch against Cornell, the season has gone pretty much as I anticipated.

I note that Pomeroy "predicts" a one point victory at FDU, followed by a 17 game losing streak.

EDIT - Pomeroy just updated. After FDU played Stony Brook closer than predicted last night, Pomeroy now "predicts" that we'll open the season 0-21.

@justdrastik-

I am giving that example because Hofstra isnt a bad team, irrespective of whether you agree that UNC should be ranked 8. Hofstra should not be losing by 46 pts to anyone.

Second, UNC for all the young hype...lost their entire front court to a transfer. They are good, dont get me wrong...but when you lose what they did...you shouldnt be ranked #8. Just like Butler is no #12.

@justdrastik-

I am giving that example because Hofstra isnt a bad team, irrespective of whether you agree that UNC should be ranked 8. Hofstra should not be losing by 46 pts to anyone.

Second, UNC for all the young hype...lost their entire front court to a transfer. They are good, dont get me wrong...but when you lose what they did...you shouldnt be ranked #8. Just like Butler is no #12.

Time will tell where Carolina should be ranked. They may be better than 8 or worse than 8, but pretty sure they have a pretty good team. Currently they are #7 on Pomeroy.

As far as Butler, I don't care where they are ranked this year as long as they win their next road game. I don't think they were ranked as high as number 2 last year until they played in front of me and 80 90 thousand other people on April 3 and 5.

You always have to take the rankings especially coaches polls with a grain of salt.

I'm not freaking because except for a four minute stretch against Cornell, the season has gone pretty much as I anticipated.

I note that Pomeroy "predicts" a one point victory at FDU, followed by a 17 game losing streak.

EDIT - Pomeroy just updated. After FDU played Stony Brook closer than predicted last night, Pomeroy now "predicts" that we'll open the season 0-21.

To me there is no material difference between the last prediction (51%) chance of a win and the current (49%). Either way it is a toss up game and it would be nice to get a win in one of those for a change.

Archived