UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please remember to get your tickets through the UA Box office, instead of the TUC, this way the school gets to keep the money. Only go to the TUC if the UA allotment is sold out.

Ticket office info...Link

Tell your friends to do the same!

Click, I just came from the ticket office (3pm) where I had hoped to buy my ticket. There was no one there. I tried at the racc (sefcu) and the ticket/promotion office in the phys ed building. This is not the first time this has happened to me. The link says they are open Mon-Fri 9 to 4:30 plus one hour before home games or something like that. They should fix the sight if this is not correct. I have complained to Dan in the past about Albany's poor ticket site and no one covering the office. Also, an automated system would be nice--pretty much every other AmEast site is such.

Anyhow because I am devout, I will persist: but I wonder how many of the average fans we lose because we are backwards and derelict.

Please remember to get your tickets through the UA Box office, instead of the TUC, this way the school gets to keep the money. Only go to the TUC if the UA allotment is sold out.

Click, I just came from the ticket office (3pm) where I had hoped to buy my ticket. There was no one there. I tried at the racc (sefcu) and the ticket/promotion office in the phys ed building. This is not the first time this has happened to me. The link says they are open Mon-Fri 9 to 4:30 plus one hour before home games or something like that. They should fix the sight if this is not correct. I have complained to Dan in the past about Albany's poor ticket site and no one covering the office. Also, an automated system would be nice--pretty much every other AmEast site is such.

Anyhow because I am devout, I will persist: but I wonder how many of the average fans we lose because we are backwards and derelict.

I was there this morning. Dan has resigned. The office is being run by a part time grad assistant. He will be in on Wednesday morning, I think.

I was there this morning. Dan has resigned. The office is being run by a part time grad assistant. He will be in on Wednesday morning, I think.

Tuesday: N/A

Wed: 9am-1pm

Thurs: 9am-2pm

Friday: N/A

My take

Rossiter is a beast. He is a great post player and knows how to make shots. He’s practically averaging a double-double per game. Against the national runner-up (Butler), he had 26 points and 15 rebounds. UA should not underestimate him, especially because Albany does not have a similarly situated point-producing post player.

In order to contain Rossiter, Albany’s bigs (Puk, Devlin, and Metcalf) need to keep their fouls under control. Additionally, if UA can put Rossiter in foul trouble, that would be excellent, but this will only be accomplished by attacking the hoop. From what I’ve seen, Rossiter rarely encounters foul trouble.

Other Siena Players:

Wignot is supposedly a good defender but he picks up fouls quickly.

I think Anosike is a strong post player but the stats don’t always bear that out.

Brookins has replaced Griffin at the point and stays in for long periods. He’s quick and isn’t afraid to drive, but he makes sloppy, “freshman” passes that are easy to pick off. He turned the ball over at least five times against Butler (although the official stats differ). Good defense and ball pressure should exploit this weakness.

Clarence Jackson is a question mark. Only eight points against Butler – plus five turnovers. When he’s on, he’s on. UA needs to keep him cold with good D.

Siena doesn’t really have a 3-point threat, unless Clarence Jackson has a good night.

In addition, the Saints don’t have a lot of bench minutes. Rossiter, Brookins, Jackson, Wignot, Anosike, and Martens play most of the minutes, with a couple of other players filling in the gaps. UA should make the most of their fresh legs and outrun the Saints.

Finally, keys for UAlbany:

-Contain Rossiter

-Shoot the ball well, ESPECIALLY free throws

-Limit turnovers, especially against a press.

Keep in mind, my impressions are based on the two home games I saw on TV – versus Vermont and Butler.

What about people who work? Are we going to be forced to buy directly from $@#$% and the TU because no one is maning the office at UA?

What about people who work? Are we going to be forced to buy directly from $@#$% and the TU because no one is maning the office at UA?

I know this isn't going to help you for this season.

I think they were available for sale at the last home game, but they did not announce that like they should have. The guy who sits next to me and the woman who sits 2 rows back either picked up previously ordered tickets or bought them at the last game. I did not buy them this year, but they were on the season ticket form as an additional item to buy as they have been the last several years.

Call during those times and order the tickets. Then, either pick up the tickets during those times (which I also can't do because of work) or pick them up at the game. Apparently, UAlbany will have a ticket table at the TUC this Saturday for us to pick up the tickets we bought.

It would be nice to be able to purchase the tickets online and print them out (a/k/a Ticketmaster, but because this is a LCC game, that probably isn't possible unless we bought the tickets from LCC).

Got this message on FB for whatever students are looking for tickets...

Attention DANEger Zone members! Come check out your UAlbany Great Danes as they take on their cross-town rival Siena Saints, Saturday, December 4th at the Times Union Center. Women tip-off at 5:00 p.m. and men take the court at 7:30 p.m.

$5 student tickets on sale NOW in the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership (1st floor Campus Center, Room 130)

• A limited number of floor seats (directly behind the basket) are available and reserved exclusively for DANEger Zone members! Wear or show your DANEger Zone T-shirt in Student Involvement & Leadership to get a ticket in this rowdy section. Tickets will be sold during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) while supplies last - one ticket per student and SUNYCard required.

• Other tickets in the section behind the floor seats are also available; no DANEger Zone T-shirt required.

• If you don’t have a DANEger Zone T-shirt, stop by the Alumni House or Student Involvement & Leadership to get one!

BUS TRANSPORTATION

In addition to normal CDTA and UAlbany bus service to downtown Albany, there will be dedicated shuttle buses from UAlbany to the Times Union Center. Buses will leave every 30 minutes from the Science Library bus stop starting at 5PM with the last bus leaving at 6:45PM. For the return trip buses will leave every 15 minutes from the corner of Dallius and Hudson starting at 9PM with the last bus leaving at 9:45PM. Note: after unloading students at the Times Union Center, the buses will pick up students from Alumni Quad.

GO GREAT DANES!

Got this message on FB for whatever students are looking for tickets...

Attention DANEger Zone members! Come check out your UAlbany Great Danes as they take on their cross-town rival Siena Saints, Saturday, December 4th at the Times Union Center. Women tip-off at 5:00 p.m. and men take the court at 7:30 p.m.

$5 student tickets on sale NOW in the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership (1st floor Campus Center, Room 130)

• A limited number of floor seats (directly behind the basket) are available and reserved exclusively for DANEger Zone members! Wear or show your DANEger Zone T-shirt in Student Involvement & Leadership to get a ticket in this rowdy section. Tickets will be sold during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) while supplies last - one ticket per student and SUNYCard required.

• Other tickets in the section behind the floor seats are also available; no DANEger Zone T-shirt required.

• If you don’t have a DANEger Zone T-shirt, stop by the Alumni House or Student Involvement & Leadership to get one!

BUS TRANSPORTATION

In addition to normal CDTA and UAlbany bus service to downtown Albany, there will be dedicated shuttle buses from UAlbany to the Times Union Center. Buses will leave every 30 minutes from the Science Library bus stop starting at 5PM with the last bus leaving at 6:45PM. For the return trip buses will leave every 15 minutes from the corner of Dallius and Hudson starting at 9PM with the last bus leaving at 9:45PM. Note: after unloading students at the Times Union Center, the buses will pick up students from Alumni Quad.

GO GREAT DANES!

Wow, they are really pulling out all of the stops to get students to come (which is great). I know I didn't go last year because I didn't know where to park, among other reasons. Hopefully there will be a good turnout! Also, most students will be on campus because we have classes into next week. I really wish I could go this year but I have a previous commmitment. :(

I saw Puk on campus yesterday walking and he looked like that foot is really bothering him. They should shut him down and get him healthy IMO.

I'm sure his foot was exacerbated from playing three games in a row.

I think Puk has to play (and play well) in order for UA to have a chance at beating Siena. The situation poses the question of whether it is worth it to keep playing Puk and get wins/close games now or sit him and hope the injury resolves itself quickly and completely. I'm not sure which is better. The deciding issue for me is whether continued playing could cause long-term injury, which Coach Brown has denied. Hope he's right!

The other issue this brings up is how would Puk be playing if he was completely better? I can't wait to see the results because the kid shows a lot of potential!

Archived