UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Colgate

Doc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning is winning and we tied last year's win total before the conference season. Credit to Colgate who played tough. Not a work of art but without our leading scorer. How about Metcalf 6-10 from the free throw line tonight? Those last two were clutch as it seemed like Colgate got to the line every time.

Vermont showed me they are for real tonight. Nice win on the road over Iona.

Crisis averted! Over .500!

My major take away for this is Billy Allen. We saw him play well in Detroit then placed back into disuse. Logan is 19th in the country in minutes played, and we know he's just getting back to playing shape, and his production has gone down. Billy Allen is a very serviceable 3 man, but better than a 3 guard offensive with Iati or Watts, and can hold down the fort for stretches in at the four. Our bench is thin and having a spark off the bench who can stretch the D would be huge during conference play.

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/12/23/great-danes-head-for-winter-break-forget-they-still-have-to-play-second-half/

I didn't realize Billy played that many minutes (26.) Nice spark from Blake Metcalf off the bench also, 10 pts and 5 rebounds.

Just looking at the stats, Colgate took 22 more shots from the field that we did. Their 14 offensive rebounds helped.

Can anyone tell me what happened with us committing so many fouls with the lead and less than 90 seconds to play? I was at work so watching and listening wasn't an option, but I kept checking espn on my phone (which was absolutely terrible tonight anyways). It seemed like we were in a pattern of: go to the line, make one of two, foul them on their possession, let them get offensive board(s), and foul again. Were any of the fouls at least questionable calls? Or were we really playing that sloppy?

Fans of neither side were happy with the stripes tonight. A few of our fouls were just dumb, but there was a lot of contact underneath, we'd get called for a foul when our fans wanted an over-the-back, etc. 24 fouls on UA, 22 on CU.

A few times we'd get a turnover by the receiver just not moving toward the ball - basically lazy play.

A win is a win. Tuesday will be the true test as they face an opponent with an rpi of less than 30. The only thing I remain skeptical about is the rpi of the teams they've beaten. Only siena and ccsu have a sub 200 rpi. The rest of the teams they have beaten have been downright awful, but the america east is pretty awful too so I guess its ok.

Siena beating GT will only help our rpi so congrats to them.

But Georgia Tech losing to Siena only hurts our RPI, so screw 'em.

(Remember, we played both of them)

Ur right my bad

You guys know how I don't think RPI is ever important enough to root for the evil community college to win games. I mean UA wins 20 games, the rest of our opponents have decent seasons, LCC losses every game, the RPI will be "good enough".

But there will be no excuses to root for LCC when they play Niagara or Iona even for you guys who think RPI is important. In those games also, we will get an opponent win and an opponent loss regardless of the outcome so you might as well root for LCC to get blown out.

Why does everyone keep saying that the America East is awful? Yes, there have been some hiccups (see yesterday's UNH game), but our league has hung with the best of them. UNH almost beat UConn, which is #5 in the nation and has the nation's leading scorer. Maine just beat Penn State. Vermont is 8-3. Boston and Stony Brook may be struggling, and UMBC may be laughable, but I think our league is pretty darn good!

Why does everyone keep saying that the America East is awful? Yes, there have been some hiccups (see yesterday's UNH game), but our league has hung with the best of them. UNH almost beat UConn, which is #5 in the nation and has the nation's leading scorer. Maine just beat Penn State. Vermont is 8-3. Boston and Stony Brook may be struggling, and UMBC may be laughable, but I think our league is pretty darn good!

i wouldnt call 27/32 pretty darn good, but thats just my opinion.

are we the only team in the america east right now that hasnt beaten a bcs school in our basketball history?

Archived