UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Binghamton

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standing O from a disappointing crowd (1,800). The student sections were more than half full, but they came late and left early. Not just our problem - Bing only brought 30 or 40 compared to the hundreds they did a few years ago.

Pep band was up to 35, more than I ever remember, and did their own 'oi oi oi' after a Luke basket.

Standing O from a disappointing crowd (1,800). The student sections were more than half full, but they came late and left early. Not just our problem - Bing only brought 30 or 40 compared to the hundreds they did a few years ago.

Pep band was up to 35, more than I ever remember, and did their own 'oi oi oi' after a Luke basket.

UAalum72, Thanks for the crowd report. Wish I had been there last night.

truly disappointing with the attendance numbers.

As am I. Even tough people claim Albany is a basketball town, I always thought that Albany is very weak when it comes to being a sports town.

About the only tough ticket in this area is Valley Cats on a Fireworks night and that isn't even that tough compared to other locations.

Very disappointing. The areas best basketball team deserves better.

this is off topic, but whats the deal with theo hatcher? is he going to be back next year?

I'm just gonna read the tea-leaves on this one but...school started he's not on campus or on the bench. He hasn't been on the bench in a while now.

I'm thinking we are gonna have two 'ships to give next season in addition to Rowley/Suero/Page.

In fact I'd put money on it!

The two things that stuck out to me are

1)THE PRESS by CB. This kept Tim and Black in attack mode and we never had the let up that has terrorized us in the past. It kept them hungry on both ends.

2)This type of win gels a team together. Maine, BU, then SBU near fiasco, my confidence was shaken and you have to wonder how the minds of these guys were. But now you can be sure everyone on UA is confident and buying in the team concept.

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/ualbany-humiliates-bingo-76-34/

Lets roll through UMBC!

Thursday night was also the first party night of the semester for the students. As whole our students haven't been devoted to basketball for a while now, so I would expect it to come second to partying/going downtown the majority of the time, especially the first party night of the semester.

I'm also guessing most students didn't even know there was a game. Aside from the the diehard fans or even those with just some sort of interest in the team, the students have to be told (via email, advertising, etc) when the games are. The school hardly advertises the games at all anymore. It's like they just gave up once the season, and subsequently attendance, went south midway through last year. They used to have posters and flyers all around campus for EACH game, now nothing. I remember them handing out tickets in the LC's and dining halls too, much like football still does. Its almost as if the school just gave up on basketball specifically, since last basketball season I've seen no change in the advertising for any other sport, only the near disappearance for basketball.

I think the Siena game was huge, and it may have turned a lot of students back on to UA basketball, but I think the school needs to push the issue to see these results however. I miss the days where I would have to get to the games early or face getting stuck with a bad seat, now I could show up 30 minutes late and still have enough room in the first row to lay down. Sad.

Archived