UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

america east tournament

UA'08

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the standings if Maine loses out and we win out we have a shot at 3rd.

How was Albany ever up 16 on BU?

We were a much more coherent offensive team, people were shooting well. We are not that right now...plus BU must have fallen asleep or something in the first half of that game.

I would prefer that UA finishes as high as they can in the standings. I believe they can still finish as high as 3rd as low as 8th.

Obviously I don't want UA to play Vermont or BU on Saturday as that most likely means UA finished horribly. If they finish in the more likely spots of 4 or 5 the most likely opponents are SB, UNH or Hartford. At 6 Maine. I would least prefer Hartford as it would be an away game rather than a neutral site game.

Ironically, if Hartford defeats Bingo tomorrow that makes the current standings; 4/5 game UA vs. Hartford

If maine loses to uvm and we win out how will the tie breakers work?

They would need to lose two more games for us to get to a tie breaker with them. We'd need to beat them in that last game (unless they lose another along the way) to have a shot. If both end up with identical records at 8-8 or 9-7 they would hold the tie-breaker because they have beaten BU and UVM. If they lose three and we win out we'd finish third.

Long odds of that happening...they would have to drop all remaining league games. Their final three are vs. UVM @UNH and vs. UA. Who knows though...I'd love to get to that last game to play for the 3rd seed.

One foot in front of the other, next up Bing. Let's tattoo them!

Ironically, if Hartford defeats Bingo tomorrow that makes the current standings; 4/5 game UA vs. Hartford

Does that mean I root for Bing in that game? Not so sure I can do that.

Hartford has more games left (4) but and easier scheduler - Bing, UMBC, Stony Brook, UNH. UMBC is the only road game.

Really just like to see us string some wins together going into Hartford regardless of who we play.

Does that mean I root for Bing in that game? Not so sure I can do that.

Hartford has more games left (4) but and easier scheduler - Bing, UMBC, Stony Brook, UNH. UMBC is the only road game.

Really just like to see us string some wins together going into Hartford regardless of who we play.

It is hard to root for Bingo in any circumstances; even when they are playing a little maac team and even the little maac team in this town.

I am not saying that I root for LCC over Bingo. Only that virtually any time LCC loses I am very happy, but if and when they lose to Bingo it would only be a small amount of happiness. Also happy when ever Bingo loses a conference game.

Fortunately this is not the last game of the season, so Hartford could still move out of a matchup with UA in the remaining games.

However, I agree with you, at this point it is better to play well going into the tourney than to worry about a particular matchup which may or may not happen anyway.

Archived