UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

america east tournament

UA'08

Only a game-and-a-half (one in the loss column) out of third with a game in hand. But Maine holds the tiebreaker with us by having beaten UVM.

Hmm...I just checked ESPN they must not have updated it yet. I know people are looking at matchups but I'm all in for most wins this season.

AE has the updated standings

UVM 13-2 clinched 1st

BU 10-4 @bingo, @UVM

Maine 8-6 @UNH, UA

UA 6-7 @bingo,UMBC, @maine

UNH 6-8 Maine, @hartford

SB 6-8 @hartford, Bingo

Hartford 5-8 @UMBC, SB, UNH

Bingo 4-9 UA, BU, @SB

UMBC 4-10 Hartford, @UA

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maine stomped New Hampshire tonight so now we're fighting for fourth place.

If we go 2-0 we clinch fourth.

Whether we go 1-1 or 0-2 it's possible to finish anywhere from 4th to 6th. Most scenarios then have Hartford or Stony Brook in fifth; one 0-2 possibility is 5th place vs. New Hampshire in the 4/5 game.

On the AE board, Blakely4prez worked the scenarios. http://www.basketballforum.com/america-east-conference/453887-ae-tournament-scenarios-1-week-remaining.html#post6498231

Since Maine won last night, we have 12 possibilities left:

Here are the scenarios for seeds 4-7 if Maine wins one of their final two, clinching at least the third seed.

Scenario #1

Hartford 2-0 - 8-8, 4th

Albany 1-1 - 8-8, 5th

SB 0-2 - 6-10, 6th

Bing 2-0 - 6-10, 7th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 8th

Hartfords wins over Maine (or win over BU) breaks their head to head tie with Albany. Of the 6-10 teams, Stony Brook is 3-1, Binghamton 2-2 and UNH 1-3.

Scenario #2

Albany 1-1 - 8-8, 4th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 5th

UNH 1-1 - 7-9, 6th

Bing 2-0 - 6-10, 7th

SB 0-2 - 6-10, 8th

Hartfords 2-0 record over Maine puts them ahead of UNH. If Binghamton wins out, it sweeps Stony Brook, and goes ahead of them.

Scenario #3

Albany 0-2 - 7-9, 4th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 5th

SB 1-1 - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Bing 2-0 - 6-10, 8th

Tiebreaker records put Albany (3-1) ahead of Stony Brook and Hartford, both 1-3. Hartford gets the higher seed because of their win against BU. UNH wins the tie in this scenario via their win over Albany.

Scenario #4

SB 2-0 - 8-8, 4th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 5th

Albany 0-2 - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Hartford takes the five seed because of their win over BU.

Scenario #5

UNH 1-1 (L - Maine, W - Hart) - 7-9, 4th

Albany 0-2 - 7-9, 5th

Hart 1-1 (W - SB, L - UNH) - 7-9, 6th

SB 1-1 (L - Hart, W - Bing) - 7-9, 7th

With all identical records, the combine record between the four teams is taken. Both Albany and UNH are 4-2 while Hartford and Stony Brook are 3-3. Boston University comes into play with both tiebreakers, as UNH gets the four seed and Hartford gets the six seed because of their wins over the Terriers.

Scenario #6

SB 2-0 - 8-8, 4th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 5th

Albany 0-2 - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Hartfords wins over Maine and BU break the tie against Albany.

Scenario #7

Hartford 2-0 - 8-8, 4th

Albany 1-1 - 8-8, 5th

SB 1-1 - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Hartfords wins over Maine and BU break the tie against Albany.

Finally, if BU and Maine win one of their final two games, and Albany wins out, taking the fourth seed outright, here are the scenarios for fifth through 7-8th place.

Scenario #1

Hart 2-0 - 8-8, 5th

Bing 2-0 - 6-10, 6th

SB 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 8th

Here, the Binghamton comes out with a 3-1 record against all 6-10 teams, and would get the six seed. Stony Brook is 2-2 and UNH would be 1-3.

Scenario #2

SB 1-1 (W - Hart L -Bing) - 7-9, 5th

Hart 1-1 (W - UNH, L - SB) - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Bing 2-0 - 6-10, 8th

If Stony Brook beats Hartford, they will sweep the season series. UNH would be seventh due to splitting their series against Albany, who defeated Binghamton twice.

Scenario #3

SB 2-0 - 8-8, 5th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 6th

UNH 0-2 - 6-10, 7th

Scenario #4

SB 1-1 (L-Hart) - 7-9, 5th

UNH 1-1 (W - Hart) - 7-9, 6th

Hart 1-1 - 7-9, 7th

With this, the overall record between the teams is compiled. Stony Brook is 3-1, UNH 2-2, and Hartford 1-3.

Scenario #5

UNH 1-1 (L - Hart, W -Maine) - 7-9, 7th

SB 1-1 (W - Hart, L - Bing) - 7-9, 5th

Hart 1-1 (W- UNH, L - SB) - 7-9, 6th

Here, Stony Brook wins out with a 4-0 sweep over both teams. Hartford with a 2-2 record takes sixth and UNH is seventh with a 1-3 record.

Anyone else notice Hartford took down all their tournament ticket information? If anyone has the link to buy the tickets can you post it here...

This is the link AE gives http://hartfordhawkstickets.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event_listings.asp?DB_OEM_ID=14000 and all the games that were listed have been removed..as of today.

then after that? they just do whatever? or then the 2 seed chooses when they want to play?

I would guess once the 1 seed picks you'd have to put their potential opponent (4+5 seeds) in the same session to be fair so they have similar time for rest. Don't know how they figure the other session out but I'd be curious also.

I'm wondering how long they're going to stick to the single site for both tournaments. I know some of the folks on the AE site were upset the semi-finals are so late on Sunday. Doesn't matter as much to us as we have a shorter drive and I hope I have a reason to be there on Sunday.

Watchin the Binghamton/BU game on TW3..during halftime they said Holland had a sprained ankle.. interesting to see how this may affect BU...if it does at all.

According to the Press and Sun twitter... "Holland just appeared from the back on crutches and with his ankle wrapped in ice. I'm going to guess he's done for the night."

I watched parts of this game while flicking (and most of the last qtr) out of curiosity, not interest. Is macon a terrible coach or does he just have terrible players? Without Holland, bing. should have found a way to win that game??? I am interested to hear opinions from those who know about coaching or even if you only think you do. Just curious.

Archived