UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Colgate got crushed by Holy Cross 37-7

Maine played Pittsburgh close and almost pulled off an upset, losing 35-29. Yes, Pittsburgh.

Danes better come ready to play Saturday or else we're in for a butt whooping.

Great for Maine, though, to play a Big East team so close. The score might have been a little different if Albany native (and draft eligible sophomore) Dion Lewis was still around, but I know these programs have endless pipelines to talent, so that was mostly just a shout-out to local talent.

Here's to hoping Maine is really beaten up physically from this game and they come limping into University Field.

And here's to hoping the next time they come to Albany it will be to play on a newer field than University Field.

Scores are sometimes misleading. Maine made it look close with two garbage time TD's (they did play a great game though...I am sure Pitt was looking past them. CCSU's game against JMU was close on the scoreboard (I believe JMU was looking past them as well). JMU turned the ball over a few times that could of made the score look worse. Be that as it may, both Maine and CCSU will be very tough games.

The score that bothers me the most is Colgate getting spanked by Holy Cross. Why? Maybe Colgate isin't as good as advertised, which means we didnt play all that well in losing to them. Let downs are common after big emotional wins and losses. Either that or we played great on offense, lousey on D against a team that was sky high for opening night??? I beieve/hope/assume Colgate is on par with Maine. The thing about football games that is not reflected in the score is the emotion or the psyche of a team or the particular game being played. Maybe Colgate was spent from our game, maybe Maine feels they should of beaten Pitt??? Either way this game on Saturday scares me.

If we lose... we go to 0-2. Yes I believe we will beat Columbia and St. Francis to pull even to 2-2 should that scenario play out. We cant be satisfied with 2-2 or we could be looking at another 6-5 or 7-4 year. If we can play well and either have a good showing or a win against Maine...it could propel this team to a Conference title. When you "think" you are a good team, then you are and vice versa!!!

If I am not mistaken, Maine is another team that lines it up and runs right at you. With our secondary and the failure to defend a mobile qb or the quick slants/passes I would be licking my chops as a OC. Lets hope they try and grind it out aginst the strenghth of our D. teams get much better between the first game and the second. we need to be better on Saturday.

Again, even with Duquesne's "big" win and CCSU's close loss to JMU the NEC DOES NOT SCARE ME AT ALL. The teams in conference are all very beatable including Albany.

As I did on the Colgate thread I have to qualify this comment because I was not at the game. But from listening to the entire game on 980 and from reading stats etc., I still feel Albany lost the game and not so much that Colgate won. This is somewhat confirmed by HC's beating of Colgate. In other words we have to play A LOT BETTER saturday or we will be 0-2 sunday; and as Ruler said, the team may begin questioning themselfs.

Scores are sometimes misleading. Maine made it look close with two garbage time TD's (they did play a great game though...I am sure Pitt was looking past them. CCSU's game against JMU was close on the scoreboard (I believe JMU was looking past them as well). JMU turned the ball over a few times that could of made the score look worse. Be that as it may, both Maine and CCSU will be very tough games.

The score that bothers me the most is Colgate getting spanked by Holy Cross. Why? Maybe Colgate isin't as good as advertised, which means we didnt play all that well in losing to them. Let downs are common after big emotional wins and losses. Either that or we played great on offense, lousey on D against a team that was sky high for opening night??? I beieve/hope/assume Colgate is on par with Maine. The thing about football games that is not reflected in the score is the emotion or the psyche of a team or the particular game being played. Maybe Colgate was spent from our game, maybe Maine feels they should of beaten Pitt??? Either way this game on Saturday scares me.

If we lose... we go to 0-2. Yes I believe we will beat Columbia and St. Francis to pull even to 2-2 should that scenario play out. We cant be satisfied with 2-2 or we could be looking at another 6-5 or 7-4 year. If we can play well and either have a good showing or a win against Maine...it could propel this team to a Conference title. When you "think" you are a good team, then you are and vice versa!!!

If I am not mistaken, Maine is another team that lines it up and runs right at you. With our secondary and the failure to defend a mobile qb or the quick slants/passes I would be licking my chops as a OC. Lets hope they try and grind it out aginst the strenghth of our D. teams get much better between the first game and the second. we need to be better on Saturday.

Again, even with Duquesne's "big" win and CCSU's close loss to JMU the NEC DOES NOT SCARE ME AT ALL. The teams in conference are all very beatable including Albany.

Direct from FCS forum: This is what I was referring to with JMU vs CCSU. JMU fumbled on the 1 going in. This game was not as close as the score would have you believe.

1.W&M: worse beating a CAA has received from a I-A, losing to UVGay 40-3, followed by a less than impressive 24-7 win over VMI.

2.JMU- worked over by UNC 42-10 (are 3 CAA losses to I-As that are worse point wise). In an ugly 14-9 win over pre season #1 pick in NEC CCSU JMU rushes for 342 but turns the ball over 5x (-3 in TOs), including fumbling at the 1 and on a kick return, and lets CCSU score on the last play of the game, making it appear closer.

3. UD: Loses to Navy 40-17 followed by struggly to beat Div II West Chester, up only 21-17 in the 4th qtr before winning 28-17. West Chester out gained UD 360-315. 3 WCU turnovers to 0 for UD, one of which UD returned for a pick 6, was the difference in the game...

4. UNH: Loses to Toledo 58-22,(granted Toldeo pick to win MAC West, but still) then has to go to OT to beat Lehigh 48-41. Lehigh misses 2 PATs in regulation...(granted Lehigh picked to win Patriot, but still....).

5. UMass Looks less than impressive in their 24-16 win over Holy Cross (bye last Sat).

Maine was balanced against Bryant, 46 for 155 rushing, 21 attempts for 135 passing. Pushaun Brown had almost all Maine's rushing. Two interceptions and a 74-yard punt return did in Bryant. Against Pitt Maine had 37 rushing and 334 yards passing, but of course you have to throw when down three touchdowns.

Another bad sign is that I see it's Fireworks Night. We haven't won many of those.

Archived