UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...umm...have we reached consensus that for those who don't have deep pockets and haven't contributed $1000 that the upper level/as close to mid-field as possible are usually the best seats?

I think so.

For a few dollars more than upper deck but lacking/refusing to pay +1000; I am shooting for lower level immediately to the right or left of the "1000$ seats."

Edited by dslyank

So...umm...have we reached consensus that for those who don't have deep pockets and haven't contributed $1000 that the upper level/as close to mid-field as possible are usually the best seats?

I think so.

For a few dollars more than upper deck but lacking/refusing to pay +1000; I am shooting for lower level immediately to the right or left of the "1000$ seats."

I've been told you can see more from the upper deck...this is the type of deliberation I have to go through having NEVER been to a pro or significantly college football game. I guess live and learn!

I think so.

I've been told you can see more from the upper deck...this is the type of deliberation I have to go through having NEVER been to a pro or significantly college football game. I guess live and learn!

I took into account the increased distance from the field if one is seated in the upper deck (and perhaps the greater chance of feeling bursts of wind on those cold days). I've wrestled with the lower-upper-deck decision myself, and I opted for the lower deck.

Having watched a football game at UMASS when we played them, I went in the second half from the upper seats down closer to the field and liked the closer vantage point a lot better. So my experience at that game helped me with my decision.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Excited by all the activity on the field today I made it over there and took some pictures of the progress, particularly those areas that are more difficult to see from the webcam.

There are 15 pictures, and because I did not want to inundate the board, I downloaded them to a public album through the "UAStadium" Google account. The link is here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109125479176636089044/albums/5867950700406352049

I could not get a good position for the players' ramp area, but there are some new areas to discuss. By picture #:

1. Back of the tower with view of where ticket booth will go.
  2. Between the trailers, trying to see if there was progress on the stairs in the rear of the stadium.
  3. The viewing area in back, with windows installed.
  4. The remainder of the rear of the stadium, again with windows installed.
  5. The nearly completed north tower.
  6. Progress on the ticket booth.
  7. New signage at the lacrosse stadium.
  8. New signage at the field hockey pitch.
  9. The Eastern border of the field area.
  10. The rear viewing area, walking towards it.
  11. Inner cinder block walls being constructed, as viewed through an opening in the rear of the stadium.
  12. The catwalk, with an unexplained hole in the tower.
  13. Mallards in the retaining pond filled from yesterday's storm.
  14. The remainder of the retaining pond.
  15. A view of the pond and the stadium, while biking away.

I figured I was overdue to contribute something positive...

Lastly, I agree that it certainly looks like the turf could be going down soon, despite the fact that there are no windows in the front of the stadium and no movement on the upper deck.

Haggy out.

I keep waiting for the upper deck to go up...

It's unlikely to see the upper deck go in anytime soon since the concourse level needs to be clear for the Genie lifts to bring materials up to the press level interior and finish work on the east face of the structure. Can't do that with the bleacher assembly in place.

Edited by Brutus

I keep waiting for the upper deck to go up...

It's unlikely to see the upper deck go in anytime soon since the concourse level needs to be clear for the Genie lifts to bring materials up to the press level interior and finish work on the east face of the structure. Can't do that with the bleacher assembly in place.

I was thinking that since they put the windows in on the west side of the press level. I woudln't expect to see the upper deck in until the windows go up on the press level.

Mohawk tower has been closed since last summer and is undergoing a full gut rehab. I've been told that it was the last building completed when the campus was built and was in the worst shape. I guess you don't get quality work when time and money are running out.........