UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did go out an buy a big snow blower this year though. That's going in our favor since it probably won't snow at all since I dropped a ton of dough on it.

I may be moving back to Florida... you could buy my snowblower that I bought last year, and use it as a backup :D

Anyhow, awesome to see the steel going up today for the last section!! NICE

Is there any plans to move the old visitor stands from university field to a new location on campus? Maybe it could be put near the FH, SB or BB fields?

The architectual plans indicate that the old bleachers will be removed by the University. Those bleachers are not very safe though so I'm not sure they will be able to repurpose them elsewhere.

I am sure there are other minor connections to be made...but WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO...the two towers are finally connected to the upper deck and press box.

Looks AWESOME!!!!!

And I noticed something that I thought I saw in the plans but needed a visual first People keep saying, "How will we get to 24k seats". I kept saying, "Look at the Houston Dynamo stadium as an example." I think this is becoming SPOT ON. If you look carefully, it is clear that the elevator shaft tower and the other egress tower to the North are both OFFSET back from the main structure. This is good...I think this was done to allow for a "wraparound" of the upperdeck or at least an extension of the upper deck to the endzones. This adds probably 1,000 or so seats...if not more if it wraps around.

Good idea!

Quick question. I can't find this in the design plans posted earlier in the year but how wide is the actual structure? This thing looks incredibly narrow. Is this building 10 feet wide or something? I understand there is a bump out sitting area near the luxury boxes (the upper level) but even the bump out is minor. I can't understand the dimensions here. Any insights?

Quick question. I can't find this in the design plans posted earlier in the year but how wide is the actual structure? This thing looks incredibly narrow. Is this building 10 feet wide or something? I understand there is a bump out sitting area near the luxury boxes (the upper level) but even the bump out is minor. I can't understand the dimensions here. Any insights?

fordfield12092012001.jpg

I'd guess the structure is maybe 15 feet deep. The roof extends past the steel, so maybe the floor could be cantilevered out a couple of feet past the steel.

The 'bumpout' (the nearest section in this picture, probably behind the press box) looks strange, it's about five feet deep on the north end and narrows to not over two feet on the south end.

At 15 feet deep then the concessions, stadium store and other interior space on the first floor must just be for the staff? Based on my experiences at other presumably larger stadiums, I assumed the stadium fans would be inside those spaces but the space is so narrow. It must be that you stand outside and place your order to the worker standing inside via a window. Until now I didn't realize how narrow and thus how small the interior spaces must be. Was it that much more to add another 10 feet in width?

The other thing I questioned is whether fans would stay dry while ordering food, purchasing gifts etc. If the fans are indeed outside and placing an order via a window they may get drenched waiting in line. The center back wall is open to the elements and I'm not sure if the second tier of the stands over head is completely closed but I would think rain could come in via the large center wall opening and from the stands above. If that is the case, they should consider sealing those off so there is somewhere dry to stand in the event of a down pour.

Maybe that's just the dad in me but I like a covered area in the event of a down pour.