UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Steelwork next to that column makes it look more like a gate

fordfield0313131.jpg

Dirt moved to form a berm behind the grandstand and a ramp up to the tower

fordfield0313132.jpg

After I left this rig moved to the corner near the webcam. At first I thought it was a drill, but next to it is an anchor similar to one I use for a beach umbrella (but bigger). Seems early to set up flagpoles; would something like this be used for a fence in soft sand?

fordfield0313133.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelwork next to that column makes it look more like a gate

fordfield0313131.jpg

Dirt moved to form a berm behind the grandstand and a ramp up to the tower

fordfield0313132.jpg

After I left this rig moved to the corner near the webcam. At first I thought it was a drill, but next to it is an anchor similar to one I use for a beach umbrella (but bigger). Seems early to set up flagpoles; would something like this be used for a fence in soft sand?

fordfield0313133.jpg

It's the machine to bore the holes for the concrete bases of the sports lighting poles. There are four locations around the field. Steel reinforcement cages will be lowered into the holes prior to the concrete pour. What you see is a section of the auger to bore out the hole.

Lighting isn't wasting any time. Light poles are being laid out today.

How nice is it going to be to have the light poles actually behind where the fans sit! What a novel concept.

The drilling rig is still in the South endzone. I assume they'll also drill out and pour the footings for the scoreboard.

Edited by danefan

How nice is it going to be to have the light poles actually behind where the fans sit! What a novel concept.

The drilling rig is still in the South endzone. I assume they'll also drill out and pour the footings for the scoreboard.

There's a different contractor scheduled to install the scoreboard.

Edited by Brutus

There's a different contractor scheduled to install the scoreboard.

Is there a time frame for when that will be going in...

Ahhh!!!!! What's going on!

Did they put the second deck on? Did the scoreboard go up? Did the turf go down?

Are they playing a game right now!

AHHHHH-----I need to know!

Hold on danefan they are working on it

"We are experiencing technical difficulties with the camera and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Taking pity on the dt's danefan must be going thru, I managed to get over this afternoon. There's been some visible progress:

Glass has gone into the windows in the south tower

fordfield03262013004.jpg

fordfield03262013010.jpg

Facing covers the back of the press box and some of the upper level of the grandstand

fordfield03262013005.jpg

And they've framed in the approach to the tower

fordfield03262013006.jpg

Also they've been assembling the floodlight arrays on the ground

fordfield03262013011.jpg

fordfield03262013007.jpg

Finally there are some pallets in the center of the playing field

fordfield03262013008.jpg

I should've tried hitting the webcam with a hammer while I was there. Otherwise let's hope they fix it quick.