UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This obviously sucks for us, but I suspect it will be more common place in the future with this rule.

Plus as a football alumni, this quote says it all to me.

"Obviously, you're disappointed -- I mean the guy is one of the best kickers in the country -- but at the same time, I've been in this long enough to say, 'You need to do what's right for the kids,'" Ford told CBSSports.com on Wednesday morning.

"We constantly talk about family here. We call ourselves 'The Purple Family,' and if you truly believe that stuff, you have to do what's right for them."

This obviously sucks for us, but I suspect it will be more common place in the future with this rule.

"Obviously, you're disappointed -- I mean the guy is one of the best kickers in the country -- but at the same time, I've been in this long enough to say, 'You need to do what's right for the kids,'" Ford told CBSSports.com on Wednesday morning.

"We constantly talk about family here. We call ourselves 'The Purple Family,' and if you truly believe that stuff, you have to do what's right for them."

I think it cuts both ways though. If you respect the family, you honor your commitments.

I think it cuts both ways though. If you respect the family, you honor your commitments.

I agree, but I think the commitment ends when you graduate. Anything beyond that is an extra commitment in my opinion. I left with a year of eligibility left to go to law school so I guess I'm biased, but I don't expect kids to stay for that post-grad year.

The upside to this is twofold. 1) The football program will recieve some national attention and 2) This season is an audition for the FBS schools to review. This means you will get his very best effort all season!!

Yes this will happen a lot with full scholly kids. You will also have many full scholly kids who don't pan out.

Life in "the big leagues!"

The upside to this is twofold. 1) The football program will recieve some national attention and 2) This season is an audition for the FBS schools to review. This means you will get his very best effort all season!!

Yes this will happen a lot with full scholly kids. You will also have many full scholly kids who don't pan out.

We're also going to see a lot more transfers in. Those kids aren't going to be "Bob Ford" born and raised as young adults like most of our current players are. I have no doubt most will convert, but some will not.

Its one thing that Chuck Priore has been really good at at SBU. Getting the transfers to buy into his system.

I agree, but I think the commitment ends when you graduate. Anything beyond that is an extra commitment in my opinion. I left with a year of eligibility left to go to law school so I guess I'm biased, but I don't expect kids to stay for that post-grad year.

I couldn't agree more...when a kid is recruited he's asked to give a program four years...while the scholarship is renewed annually most of our kids put in a solid four years and some a fifth. But to expect anything post graduation with a four year degree is extra, if it happens great but I hope he goes to a big FBS program and CRUSHES it.

I couldn't agree more...when a kid is recruited he's asked to give a program four years...while the scholarship is renewed annually most of our kids put in a solid four years and some a fifth. But to expect anything post graduation with a four year degree is extra, if it happens great but I hope he goes to a big FBS program and CRUSHES it.

And every time he pins someone inside the 10 yard line, the announcer will say "Paul Layton - a post-grad transfer from University at Albany"

We're also going to see a lot more transfers in. Those kids aren't going to be "Bob Ford" born and raised as young adults like most of our current players are. I have no doubt most will convert, but some will not.

Its one thing that Chuck Priore has been really good at at SBU. Getting the transfers to buy into his system.

We should of always had transfers with HVCC in our backyard. We should now be scouring the Jr. College ranks. Back in the day HVCC was a power at the Jr. College level.

Also the Capital District is very heavily recruited by the FBS schools. Penn State used to live at Shendahowa (sp??) in Clifton Park. In fact we had a several D1 & D1AA kids transfer to Albany in the olden days. I imagine now that we offer 63 full rides we will keep a lot of these kids from leaving the area and many of the ones that dont pan out at the FBS level will return home. That is a great opportunity right there.

More kids redshirt in footbsall than play their freshmen year, so if they're diligent in the classroom, most will graduate early and could transfer out. I could never fault a kid who wants a specific field of study, we don't offer, as well as being able to transfer up.

More kids redshirt in footbsall than play their freshmen year, so if they're diligent in the classroom, most will graduate early and could transfer out. I could never fault a kid who wants a specific field of study, we don't offer, as well as being able to transfer up.

Agree. Can't be mad at these kids.