UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wagner - Monday 7 pm

did you hear Brown postgame...Black was really sick...

but did he take a shot at Marissa. Thought I heard him say, "wearing purple...you will probably have green on Saturday." Was that just me or did I completely hear that wrong?

No, I heard that, too. That was almost as good a postgame quote as "Sorry, I just spit on you."

Just kidding.. I think

UAHOOPSWB Always like to bust @mjacquesynn chops! She is a good sport! #GoodHumor

Black ill? Wagner can't tell - T-U game story. Are BB players getting food poisoning a lot more often than we used to hear about?

I asked this in another thread, but any word on Tanner Gibson's injury status?

His boot was off during the game tonight. He was in regular shoes.

It will be interesting to see if he will red shirt or not. So far it looks like it's going to be an 8-9 man rotation with Rowley, Hooley, Devlin, and Evans coming off the bench. I feel for Devlin who went from starting two years ago and making the all-rookie team to getting only 11 min a game.

Might as well redshirt Tanner. It will be middle of AmEast play before he is fully healed and in the flow; and I think Hooley, DJ and Iati can spell Black when he needs it (and if Black ever gets fully healthy himself, he will not need a lot of spelling).

I still think Devlin needs to get more minutes. I love what Rowley has been doing, but his short comings {height for one} showed some last night. Had two or three shots blocked, four turnovers and got beat defensively a lot. OK Click, I know you disagree and I have been very pleasantly impressed and surprised with Rowley, but he may be more productive and less victimized by opponents in shorter stretches on the court. Besides, I keep thinking back to what Luke did both offensively, defensively and rebounding his freshman year (he was on the all rookie team [AmEast] and actually also could have been a second or third team but the league was pretty deep that year.

$iena crowd...and $iena feed.

The school needs to do better...in BOTH areas.

I have always been amazed at why we can't get more people in that arena. Sad....

As we all know, that gym can be an awesome environment if people would show up. For a school that has over 15k students, you would expect around 500 kids to show up at games but alas, they do not. This is partly due to student apathy and probably partly due to ineffective marketing.

I'm guessing students still get in "free" (they paid an athletics fee when Mrs. S-money was a student several years ago), but most of them probably don't know it. When Steve Fisher first arrived at San Diego State, he would go out on campus and personally give out tickets to students to drum up interest. That could help. Also, does the school hold pep rallies of any type during the season? Do the trays at the cafeterias have ads on them advertising the sports teams?

I'm just randomly throwing out ideas, but I always got the impression that poor marketing + student apathy = low turnouts. The only exception is BPG -- couldn't the athletic department do similar promotions for weekend games to get kids to come out (e.g. Purple-Out, Gold-Out, Greek Night, etc.)? Another random idea, I know...

$iena crowd...and $iena feed.

The school needs to do better...in BOTH areas.

I have always been amazed at why we can't get more people in that arena. Sad....

As we all know, that gym can be an awesome environment if people would show up. For a school that has over 15k students, you would expect around 500 kids to show up at games but alas, they do not. This is partly due to student apathy and probably partly due to ineffective marketing.

I'm guessing students still get in "free" (they paid an athletics fee when Mrs. S-money was a student several years ago), but most of them probably don't know it. When Steve Fisher first arrived at San Diego State, he would go out on campus and personally give out tickets to students to drum up interest. That could help. Also, does the school hold pep rallies of any type during the season? Do the trays at the cafeterias have ads on them advertising the sports teams?

I'm just randomly throwing out ideas, but I always got the impression that poor marketing + student apathy = low turnouts. The only exception is BPG -- couldn't the athletic department do similar promotions for weekend games to get kids to come out (e.g. Purple-Out, Gold-Out, Greek Night, etc.)? Another random idea, I know...

I think it's clear how much athletics cares about marketing in that it took the Alumni Association to start the DangerZone NOT athletics. From what I hear from those who work on campus and have seen myself even when people try to be pro-active and do something with athletics they don't often respond or follow through.. Unsure why this is....

I love UA sports, don't get me wrong. I support the teams and the athletes but the way athletics runs or doesn't run things disappoints me as a fan and alum.

Edited by MsGDG

S Money....and most people are talking about basketball and football. What about the other sports where basically only family and close friends attend? At least at the SEFCU and the new football stadium you will be able to go to the bathroom in a room called a bathroom. For some sports, its a porta potty or porta jon....basically a portable bathroom that smells like $hit. When the school appears to be behind a particular thing I think the students turnout. Marketing is bad, the website is un-inspiring.....student apathy to a point. When you only celebrate two sports with special features like coaches and players interviews; special announcements on the website and twitter with players biographies; giveaways at games and people still don't turn out.....you gotta scratch your head......at least for football and basketball there are some poeple there!