UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Colgate Sat 12/8

Emmett_Davis_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Colgate_1.jpg

Saturday the 8th at 2pm.

Colgate is 3-6.

86521397.jpg

Wins are against Marist, Coppin State Eagles, and St, Francis PA.

Losses are by Illinois, Marquette, Elon Phoenix, Syracuse, Cornell and Quinnpiac.

Video: $5.95 for 24hr pass http://www.gocolgate...s.com/showcase/

Edited by MsGDG

Both Colgate and Albany will gave guards who wear #0 and both guys are from York, PA. Austin Tillotson for Colgate and of course Jacob Iati for Albany are from York. They played against each other in high school and Tillotson gave this awesome quote in a bio:

Best basketball player you've ever played against?

I got to play against Jacob Iati when he was a senior and I was a freshman. We've been friends ever since. But he was really good.

I also got to play Kyrie Irving. He's committed to Duke and he's an McDonald's All-American. He was pretty good.

That's right, Kyrie Irving, #1 draft pick - pretty good. Jacob Iati - really good.

I'd get that framed if I were him.

Looking forward to watching this game tomorrow.

Edited by Dane Pound

This team isn't flashy but they are fun to watch. Iati gave us a show today, made it worth the drive out. He pulled up on a fast break to knock down a three that was just nuts.

I think that was Colgate's first home loss this year.

It's seemed like in all our wins this year at least one of the "Ley brothers" (Hooley or Rowley) gives us a lift off the bench. It was Hooley today with 11 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. He has 24 assists to only 9 turnovers on the year. A pretty good ratio for a guy who is still a freshman.

It's seemed like in all our wins this year at least one of the "Ley brothers" (Hooley or Rowley) gives us a lift off the bench. It was Hooley today with 11 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. He has 24 assists to only 9 turnovers on the year. A pretty good ratio for a guy who is still a freshman.

But as you noted at the game yesterday, Hooley looked a lot more like a freshman against Colgate.

Our mid-size guys kept trying to back the ball in, stop, and then force up a short shot. It worked a few times, but frustratingly too often it took too long, by which time 'gate big men were set to swat it away

But as you noted at the game yesterday, Hooley looked a lot more like a freshman against Colgate. -UA72

Hooley is freshman - coming off a year layoff - we should expect him at times to play like a freshman, but a pretty good freshman 11pts, 3 rebs and 3 assists in 26 minutes with just a single turnover.

Colgate blocked 5 shots with most coming off of Guerrier and Rowley and we have to get used to Rowley getting a few shots blocked at 6'4"/5" he's truly an undersized "4" man making his living where the 6'7" -6'11" giants live, and overall doing a pretty good job I would add.

But as you noted at the game yesterday, Hooley looked a lot more like a freshman against Colgate.

I think it's actually that he's played so well through these 10 games that I sometimes forget he's a freshman. Everyone once in a while he'll do something late in a game to remind me he's a freshman but I'm not complaining at all. Really like the way he's playing.

What has happened to Guerrier's shot--0 for 6 yesterday? I have been nervous all year about Rowley getting too many minutes. The more other teams become aware of who he is and what he can do and what his limitations are (size and no shot) the more ineffective he will and is becoming. I still think Luke is the better choice; he's as tough, bigger obviously, and can hit the three if given the chance. I am thrilled about what Rowley brings each and every game, but his best weapon (besides his toughness) may be he surprises people, but the longer he his out there the element of surprise wears off . Hooley freshman or not is flat out GOOD, and will only get better. And at 8&2, who am I to complain about anything or any player. Keep it up Danes!