UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bob Ford was interviewed at half time @ the BU game. He said we open the new stadium vs Rhode Island? Was this a mistake, did he mean the Caa opener is RI? I thought we opened the stadium vs CCSU? He did acknowledge that we would be playing CCSU and another NEC team but did not specify where. He also said we would be playing 7 away and only 5 home? {Why'd we build this place if we can not even get half our games at HOME?????} We also will be playing Old Dominion (away I assume) and 8 caa games (4 home 4 away). So if not CCSU, who and when is our other home game?

Also, if here are 11 Caa teams, how come we only play 8?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Ford was interviewed at half time @ the BU game. He said we open the new stadium vs Rhode Island? Was this a mistake, did he mean the Caa opener is RI? I thought we opened the stadium vs CCSU? He did acknowledge that we would be playing CCSU and another NEC team but did not specify where. He also said we would be playing 7 away and only 5 home? {Why'd we build this place if we can not even get half our games at HOME?????} We also will be playing Old Dominion (away I assume) and 8 caa games (4 home 4 away). So if not CCSU, who and when is our other home game?

Also, if here are 11 Caa teams, how come we only play 8?

We need $$$$$ regardless of the stadium. Old Dominion is probably a payout game since they're transitioning to FBS.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't have a home game until September 14th. URI isn't a terrible first opponent in the stadium. CCSU cannot be the first opponent as they don't have an opening until week 5.

We don't play every team in the league. 8 league games max is the norm.

Edited by danefan

Looks like the only open dates that match up for us and ODU is 9/28.

We are still listed on Colgate's schedule for an away game on 9/7.

That leaves us at:

8/31 (prob. at NEC - hopefully Wagner or Monmouth)

9/7 at Colgate

9/14 Rhode Island *

9/21 (prob. home vs. Central Ct.)

9/28 at Old Dominion (Tentative)

10/5 at James Madison *

10/12 at Delaware *

10/19 Towson *

10/26 OPEN (hopefully a Bye)

11/2 at Richmond *

11/9 Maine *

11/16 New Hampshire *

11/23 at Stony Brook *

I would expect and be happy with CCSU on 9/21. Would be great to get 2 home winnable games back-to-back.

I'm not happy about traveling to an NEC team, but I'd rather play on 8/31 than play 12 games straigh through. If we get CCSU at home, then they 12th game and 2nd NEC team will be away. Hopefuly its Monmouth or Wagner....

Edited by danefan

I heard Wyland say we open at Duquesne

That's a joke if true.

Terrible road trip to play an NEC team. We should never travel to Western PA again unless it is to play Pitt.

I presume that would be 8/31.

To me there are worse things than playing in Pittsburgh when the Pirates are home for the weekend.

There comes a time when you got to show a little pride and gumption, step up and say If you want us, come and get us. There is no way we should be traveling to play @ NEC schools. Over the years we played far too many away games because University field was so inferior. Too many years we played only 5 or even 4 home games. How many years have we had only one and even zero home games in the month of September.

Edited by dslyank