UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @BU 2/20/13

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other AE news...

Final

Hartford 49

UNH 44

Right on pace for a 4/5 game against Maine and probably another first round loss....YEY! *pumpsfists*

As long as we beat UNH and Hartford drops one of their last 2 games, we have the tiebreaker for the #3 seed with a 9-7 record.

If we make it to the second round of the Tournament and upset UVM, that's all we can ask of this roster. That would give us 22 wins and constitute one of our better seasons at the Division I level.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Hartford's last game is at Vermont. Hopefully Vermont wins that. I think there is a huge difference in playing Maine vs. who s 6th.

Maine is actually in fifth place for Tournament seeding purposes (due to the post-season exclusion of Boston University), and I agree with you about the impact of playing Maine. I would like to avoid Maine in the first round if at all possible.

Not to add insult to injury in this thread, but wasn't Maine's best guard a DNP (injury) when Maine played us in Albany this season?

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I didn't realize until looking at ESPN tonight that SBU has games @Maine and @BU left on their schedule. If they lose those the the regular season crown would go to BU I think. SBU would still get the #1 seed but they wouldn't have the NIT game to fall back on if they flame out of the AE tourney.

I didn't realize until looking at ESPN tonight that SBU has games @Maine and @BU left on their schedule. If they lose those the the regular season crown would go to BU I think. SBU would still get the #1 seed but they wouldn't have the NIT game to fall back on if they flame out of the AE tourney.

Won't matter...can't beat SBU.

Well, somebody has to beat SBU in the AE tourney.

The reality is... sbu's coach has come in and built a strong program.

Click's got it right... more than a half decade of being owned by the top teams in the AE.

At least BU is gone after this season, and is ineligible for the tourny :ph34r:

OT (sort of), but an Interesting article about Stony Brook's eighth-year coach and the rise of SB's basketball program:

http://articles.courant.com/2012-11-24/sports/hc-uconn-men-1125-20121124_1_steve-pikiell-stony-brook-kevin-ollie

Well, somebody has to beat SBU in the AE tourney.

I dont know about that... Looks like theyre going to roll through that tourney. If Albany wins at Stony Brook its because theyre resting all theirnstarters formthe tournament and the game doesnt mean anything to them.