UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postmortem on the season

Post Mortem  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A+++++++++++++.

A win against Duke would have added another million pluses to that, but given how their roster is full of NBA prospects I really can't ask for much more. We didn't get blown out and we played them tough. Mad respect for what CB pulled off this season.

A+++++++++++++.

A win against Duke would have added another million pluses to that, but given how their roster is full of NBA prospects I really can't ask for much more. We didn't get blown out and we played them tough. Mad respect for what CB pulled off this season.

Agreed...if we beat Duke we'd probably have to invent a letter to put in front of the A in the alphabet...

Edited by Clickclack

Even the normally cold Coach K had a nice exchange with Brown after the game. Several friends who did not goto UA texted me saying they were happy to see them make Duke play to the end.

Last 10 days have been a totally unexpected success in terms of respect and good PR. And our mascot is still champion!

There was a great improvement from last season. I gave the MBB season a B because i was skeptical when stony brook beat us if that let the air out of the balloon. I was wrong. To have Jacob come back and Mike playing his heart out all season and in the AE tourney was a blessing. With Hooley healthy he was a great contributer to the offense. The one thing that separates us from the rest of CBB is that our bigs are finesse type players usually. Puk did well this year in the post and i applaud him. I need Devlin and Puk to do the same next season and become more post players. Rowley is a diamond in the rough. i think we can become a tourney team next season too.

There was a great improvement from last season. I gave the MBB season a B because i was skeptical when stony brook beat us if that let the air out of the balloon. I was wrong. To have Jacob come back and Mike playing his heart out all season and in the AE tourney was a blessing. With Hooley healthy he was a great contributer to the offense. The one thing that separates us from the rest of CBB is that our bigs are finesse type players usually. Puk did well this year in the post and i applaud him. I need Devlin and Puk to do the same next season and become more post players. Rowley is a diamond in the rough. i think we can become a tourney team next season too.

Our frontcourt should be just as good next year, if not better. I would like to see Rowley develop a 15-foot jump shot, which would make him deadly. And with Hooley becoming a 3-point threat (I hope), we'll have offensive options. And I believe I saw Devlin make a 3-pointer today against Duke. I hope Devlin can come back strong for us. He can be a 10ppg+ and 6-7 rbg+ guy.

The big question mark is of course our vacant backcourt, but I like DJ and think he can handle it; he's got super quickness.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

The future is very bright. It is a mistake to single out one player but what he heck. John Puk has become more and more impressive. He appears to be more atheletic. He also appears to be more interested in offense. If he can become a serious scoring threat down low watch out!

For me this season went from extreme frustration to absolute bliss...Coach Brown deserves a TON of credit for that and I suspect the school will reward him with long security very soon.

Moving forward we should have an EXCELLENT team next year that should compete for the 'chip if key players stay healthy. There is quite a bit of talent with Hooley and Rowley the cornerstones and I like a lot of the talent coming in most notably Enema and the big kid. I expect Page to have a bigger role next year as a shooter if he can manage to keep his intensity up.