UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postmortem on the season

Post Mortem  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted +20 before the season and A+ now. The only thing keeping me from multiple plusses is the loses to "big" three mid season. Win a couple of those and maybe we get a higher seed and I think we win a dance round. On the other hand maybe those loses inspired us to finish strong the way we did and against duke. Awesome A++ (OK an extra plus just because I am so proud of this team).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a minor quibble but I'm not sure about "postmortem" on this season. Yesterday's game felt more like the split decision at the end of "Rocky" than any death requiring an autopsy. Our season ended at the hands of one of college basketball's best coaches and a group of players who will be in the NBA next year.

This was the wackiest year for expectations I've ever had. When I left Hartford after losing to Stony Brook in the semis we looked like we had everyone coming back from a 19 win seasons. I thought this year was going to be the best year ever had bt far and we would put the men's and women's program in the tourney.

Then April came. Suero and Aronhalt left. I thought we'd be decent and the women were going to dance.

Then November and we beat Washington and win a ton of games. Expectations "unreasonably" high again.

In the end I don't know that we've ever gotten as much out of a team as we did this year. It was a ton of fun to watch and the last couple of weeks were like a movie.

After the season began, we could smell that this team had the cohesion and talent... enough to win the AE tourny.

I was skeptical if Brown still had the fire in the belly and if his coaching could lead this championship caliber squad to the ncaas.

He did. I'm glad he cleared up my skepticism. Loved the passion and intensity he showed once the tourny began.

I wouldn't mind seeing that level of intensity during conference play.

I'm enjoying the hangover of ncaa bliss, not ready to dig deep into next year yet. Heck, the ncaas aren't even done, we've got some

ass to kick today. I want this ncaa win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is way premature..but the release on our spring signees got me thinking about next year's line-up/rotation. In alpha order..here's our roster and their possible positions..based on previous play and/or our press releases (I leave out Gibson and Williams).

PG - Evans, Fulton, Haas, Hooley, Odunsi

SG - Fulton, Haas, Hooley, Johnson, Odunsi

SF - Egharevba, Ennema, Hooley, Johnson, Odunsi

PF - Devlin, Egharevba, Rowley, Shengalia, Wiegmann

C - Devlin, Puk, Shengalia

I think the definite starters are Rowley (PF) and Hooley (PG, SG, SF?)..this is their team. Puk is pretty likely (Center) and Johnson is possible (SG, SF?). Lots of openings/possibilities..which hopefully means lots of positive competition for playing time.

Edited by Phoenix

The new guys are a wild card but I like the core of guys that return. If our starting lineup in November is

Evans

Hooley

Johnson

Rowley

Puk

I'd be pretty happy with that. I'm sure some of the incoming players will break through, hopefully sooner rather than later. I like that just about every player you have listed as a SG has some PG-like abilities to make his teammates better.

Egjarevba seems like a little bigger version of Guerrier to me.

Fulton

Haas

Odunsi

Egharevba - Ennema

Sheneglia

Interesting to see how the newbies match up with the returnees

Evans

Hooley

Johnson

Rowley - Devlin - Wiegmann

Puk

I think this is the Deepest team we have ever had, I just wonder if we have a go to guy?????

Kind of thought the quote in the Gazette story about our recruits was interesting.

“That way, we got three guys who have already played at the Division I level. The other thing is that in this world of realignment, with everything going on so quickly, we wanted to make sure we had the experience and the talent to compete in our own league, or possibly another league, if we move.”

Brown said the maturity of this recruiting class will balance out the inexperience of the 2014 class.

Kind of thought the quote in the Gazette story about our recruits was interesting.

“That way, we got three guys who have already played at the Division I level. The other thing is that in this world of realignment, with everything going on so quickly, we wanted to make sure we had the experience and the talent to compete in our own league, or possibly another league, if we move.”

Brown said the maturity of this recruiting class will balance out the inexperience of the 2014 class.

Interesting comment...sheds a glimmer of light on the behind the scenes...