UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. Binghamton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup,Clickclack, you can't coach only one style. Great teams/coaches adapt their game plan based on personnel, based on other team's personnel, etc. You can't use as an excues that the other team is playing a style that doesn't suit your game plan. That's the POINT!

On a happier note, I gotta admit, I love watching Ennema drain those 2s...

*drops the mic*

BestDane-- Again, what's your solution.

You guys get all wound up over nothing. Honestly nothing.

Tell me, before the season, you would have thought:

Devlin would be mostly done

Shengalia would be limited due to a shoulder

Odunisi, the guy brought in to be a zone breaker, would be out all year

Rowley would be limited due to injury

Haas would be less than he can be...especially because he was brought in to be the Iati zone buster.

Basically, our strength--the bigs--are down to a Sr. Center (who has played well) and a M.A.S.H. unit. Again, injuries are no excuse...but come on folks...step back from the ledge. You are all making reading these threads unenjoyable.

Weeks ago you were waxing poetic...

Edited by Dane96

Look man, I'm as passionate as I can be from 3000 miles away. I want this program to succeed. I remember being in a bar in Austin, Texas during the UCONN game where I had an entire 400 person sports bar rooting for the Danes (i also had offered everyone free Dom Perignon if they won, luckily my expense account didn't take such a hit, and Texas is not a place to welch on an offer, but ...).

We all had the enthusiasm grow the next year when the Danes were a 13 seed, and then..we lost Jamar and mediocrity set in, and outside of a big, unprobably run last year, that's all we have had. We seem to have a good group recruiting wise but never exceed the expectations of their promise.

It's time to face facts. This program isn't going to grow and become a solid mid-major under this leadership. We're competitive against the middle to bottom thirds of a very very mediocre conference and that's it. 13 years of the same issues year in and year out (barring 2 with Jamar) aren't going to turn Albany into the regional power we all hoped.

I'm watching this team struggle against bad bad teams, with all of their starters on the floor, because they aren't adapting to their opponents. And that's the issue year in and year out. At some point, you have to ask yourself, is this all this program is going to be? Because it has the potential to be SO much more.

Don't you want SEFCU to have 4500 screaming fans every game? You do that by winning 20-25 year in and year out, and beating the top level of your own conference on a regular basis. When was the last time that happened, outside of those three games last year? With the current leadership, barring some miracle recruits who can take over the game, it's going to be 18-16 every year, with 9-7 in conference.

You say my diatribe is tiring, but wasted potential is more tiring.

And if this board isn't for discussions like these, then what is it for?

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

I noticed they went away from the hot hand tonight again. Enemma was tearing it up and then it seemed he did not play the last half of the second half. 12pts 7reb off the bench. Evan's handling the ball in the later minutes scares me as his height is a serious disadvantage when attacking the rim. Anytime he drives and doesn't kick I get worried.

But a win is a win. Literally, the score one more point than the opponent is a little too close for comfort.

Edited by UA'08

Even ignoring the fact that this sub-par 5 game stretch has come at the same time as the injuries are racking up..the team still is 3-2 over that stretch, over .500 overall, 3rd place in the conference (4-2) and is the defending conference champion..yet some are calling for the coach's head. Gotta love it..haha.

Even ignoring the fact that this sub-par 5 game stretch has come at the same time as the injuries are racking up..the team still is 3-2 over that stretch, over .500 overall, 3rd place in the conference (4-2) and is the defending conference champion..yet some are calling for the coach's head. Gotta love it..haha.

Call for his head?

Why are you taking legitimate conversation and concerns about the program the trajectory so personally? Without the tourney run last year there were rumors about Brown's future so it's not like this is coming from nowhere.

I'm bringing up real issues based on history and fact and you insult and belittle. I don't hear analysis from you, like that which you request from me.

I hear excuses.

Call for his head?

Not sure if you're wondering what the term means or why I mentioned that. 'Call for his head' means 'want him fired' and the reference was from a comment a couple posts above of "This program isn't going to grow and become a solid mid-major under this leadership."