UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. Binghamton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Johnson performance vs Maine is a portend for him for rest of the season, we need more of that type of slashing to the hoop offense that's for certain. Did not get oppty to watch any of these 3 road games so my opines are based on what I heard and read...will leave dissection of coaching and strategy to others more knowledgeable...my concern however is, that year in year out we seem to have what to me seems like an overabundance of injury issues...and as far as I can tell few of these injuries result from in game action, so I wonder if there is an issue with either off season conditioning regimes or perhaps practices are a little too much on the physical side? I know the season's long and kids get banged up but over the years it just seems like year in year out guys come up hurting badly...the only upside I see in that is given Coach Brown's long term penchant for utilizing a short bench, some kids only get their chance if there are a lot injuries and Brown's hand gets forced...for example, I really don't think you'd have seen Jacob Iati get to be the game changer that he evolved into if it weren't for injuries that elevated his playing time.

According to the AE board, Jordan Reed is suspended for Monday's game.

Unless there is more there I did not see, it looks like he will not start and could come in later ?

"Dempsey is going to bench Reed for the Albany game, because he has been late to practices."

Unless there is more there I did not see, it looks like he will not start and could come in later ?

"Dempsey is going to bench Reed for the Albany game, because he has been late to practices."

"Reed, who earned third-team all-conference honors last season as a freshman, was benched for the second half of Wedneday’s game at Stony Brook University. He was not present at the team’s practice Friday, and Dempsey confirmed on Sunday that Reed did not travel with the team."

"The Bearcats will also be without freshman forward Magnus Richards, who is not with the team because of a death in his family. Richards has played in all 17 games this season (13 starts), and has averaged 3.6 points and 4.5 rebounds per game."

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20140119/SPORTS03/301190031/Jordan-Reed-sit-out-Binghamton-U-men-s-basketball-team-trip-Albany

"Reed, who earned third-team all-conference honors last season as a freshman, was benched for the second half of Wedneday’s game at Stony Brook University. He was not present at the team’s practice Friday, and Dempsey confirmed on Sunday that Reed did not travel with the team."

"The Bearcats will also be without freshman forward Magnus Richards, who is not with the team because of a death in his family. Richards has played in all 17 games this season (13 starts), and has averaged 3.6 points and 4.5 rebounds per game."

http://www.pressconn...eam-trip-Albany

Thanks did not see that.

Seriously, they are without their top player and one of their top frosh. Let's see..the Danes were up strongly in the beginning. Binghamton changed their D. Albany didn't change their offense. Wonder why that is...?

I think I found an even more important cause than having Damien the Dane as our logo...

Do you actually understand plays? If so, you would understand why we are having issues. It's a 2-3 zone. We have no real slasher...not even Gary qualifies...outside of D.J. and Peter, at times. We don't have very accurate 3 point shooters. The guys are throwing the ball down to the corners. That's pretty stupid and I'm sure Coach will address them about those passes. You NEVER EVER pass to the corner first on a 2-3 zone. It's a recipe for a trap.

You can't really adjust to that without personnel to do so.

Your diatribe is tiring.