UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Albany Cup Game

Anyone know what tournament that is? I feel like it's one where all the host teams advance to cancun automatically and the rest play at campus sites

If it's the one I sent the link to all games are in Mexico.

The Men's Cancun Challenge is a unique basketball event where all games are held at the Aventura Palace Resort convention center on the Riviera Maya coast near Cancun. The Aventura Palace Resort (soon to be Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya) is also the team headquarter hotel.

Anyone know what tournament that is? I feel like it's one where all the host teams advance to cancun automatically and the rest play at campus sites

If it's the one I sent the link to all games are in Mexico.

The Men's Cancun Challenge is a unique basketball event where all games are held at the Aventura Palace Resort convention center on the Riviera Maya coast near Cancun. The Aventura Palace Resort (soon to be Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya) is also the team headquarter hotel.

Ah so it's like the HOF tip off two seasons ago.

Found this...

www.bloggingthebracket.com/2013/12/2/5166354/2014-15-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-MTE

Cancun Challenge

Campus Sites: TBA

Finals at Cancun: Nov. 25 and 26 Teams (8)

Host Teams

Northern Iowa Panthers (MVC) (MVCFans.com)

Northwestern Wildcats (Big Ten) (Panther Nation)

Virginia Tech Hokies (ACC) (Panther Nation)

1 TBA

Visiting Teams

4 TBA

Campus Site Games

TBA

Mayan Division Semifinals

(Nov. 25)

TBA

Riviera Division Semifinals

(Nov. 25)

TBA

Mayan Division Finals

(Nov. 26)

TBA

Riviera Division Finals

(Nov. 26)

TBA

Considering all the new players we're bringing in having this game later in the season probably helps us. Gives our news guys time to gel a little. That time and day isn't going to help attendance at all though.

Why would anyone be concerned about attendance for a team unwilling to make a fair deal with Albany.

That said I am sure the attendance will be far higher than any of the last 5 games LCC bought :)

Edited by bob87

Also the $iena hack from the TU reported that the Albany at LCC game was originally agreed for 11/22 . Really ? Albany is intentionally going to discourage some people from coming to a home rivalry football game by scheduling a basketball game where LCC benefits on the same day with potential overlap of time

Edited by bob87

Stinks that the game will be harder to go to..especially for students..but I still think I'm ok with it. Short-term..it avoids possible conflict with the final home football game of the season against Stony Brook..and it allows us to participate in this Cancun Tournament with some name opponents. Long-term..it sounds like we might finally be acting from a position of strength with this series..which will hopefully help force a change in the set-up or result in it's scuttling for a few years..which I'd be fine with.