UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ URI - 1pm Saturday Sep. 20

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His most important goal is engaging the community both as fans and as donors

LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!

BTW, aside from the wind, it's a perfect day in New England.

We met him at a soccer home game a week or so ago and he is VERY down to earth. Such a nice, normal guy. Talked to us for a while, wanted to know about us being alumni and fans. Completely different experience talking to him than it was with Lee. Mark is very approachable which is what you need in someone who wants to engage the community. You need someone who people feel they can talk to, especially if you want them to give money. It's much easier to get people to donate (time and or money) when you talk to them and truly engage them. I'm excited to see what he does.

Edited by MsGDG

Was at the game. The tide obviously turned after we blew the 1st-and-goal when URI had two bad snaps, we recovering the second, then defense making the INT and the sack for a fumble.

BTW I was yelling to just run a QB sneak at the goal line instead of the stupid deep handoff in short-yardage. Glad they did finally run it on a couple of third-and-ones.

From channel 13 news, it looked like that 46-yard FG had 8 or 10 yards to spare.

Win next week and then win 4 CAA games and we're 8-4 sniffing an at-large.

As weak as our OOC is (Columbia lost to Fordham 49-7 today, and even some of the CAA (St-ny Br--k trails North Dakota 6-3 at the half) 8-4 might not be enough. Could we finish 8-4 without beating a team with a winning record? Edited by UAalum72

So, sounds like Fiacchi had another poor showing. No surprise there. Rest of the team sounds like it was ballin. Nice to see Cole King doing things this year.

However, I'm happy that we're 3-0. You can tell we have more poise this year. Gattuso said in the beginning of the year that we'd win games based on heart and 4th quarter play. Both have happened thus far. Looks like the players have bought in.

So, sounds like Fiacchi had another poor showing. No surprise there.

Yes, he missed a couple of open receivers, and deep passes looked like "throw it up and hope they outjump the defender" but he threw some good passes later, and he's only thrown one interception in three games. He also pulled it down to run for first down once, something he didn't do much last year.

Not sure who's fault was the delay of game followed by a timeout in the second qtr., but if it happens too often maybe the offense is too complicated for the people you're using.

So, sounds like Fiacchi had another poor showing. No surprise there. Rest of the team sounds like it was ballin. Nice to see Cole King doing things this year.

However, I'm happy that we're 3-0. You can tell we have more poise this year. Gattuso said in the beginning of the year that we'd win games based on heart and 4th quarter play. Both have happened thus far. Looks like the players have bought in.

The way I look at it...Fiacchi is what he is...hopefully he can hold the spot down and not hurt us to badly. He's a good guy and I'm sure he's frustrated with the poor decisions but he's doing his best being a caretaker. If we get to the point where playoffs are no longer an option then they should sit him and prep next years QB.