UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ URI - 1pm Saturday Sep. 20

JORDAN OUT FOR SEASON

Redshirt senior linebacker Kyle Jordan will miss the remainder of the season due to a hamstring injury suffered in the CCSU game. In two contests this season, Jordan recorded 12 tackles (6 solo), forced two fumbles, including the game-winning play that led to a 79-yard touchdown against Holy Cross. Jordan missed the majority of the 2013 season with a lower body injury as well, appearing in four games. In his career, Jordan recorded 126 tackles (76 solo), forced five fumbles, and recovered three in 29 games.

Edited by haggyland

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JORDAN OUT FOR SEASON

Redshirt senior linebacker Kyle Jordan will miss the remainder of the season due to a hamstring injury suffered in the CCSU game. In two contests this season, Jordan recorded 12 tackles (6 solo), forced two fumbles, including the game-winning play that led to a 79-yard touchdown against Holy Cross. Jordan missed the majority of the 2013 season with a lower body injury as well, appearing in four games. In his career, Jordan recorded 126 tackles (76 solo), forced five fumbles, and recovered three in 29 games.

This sucks...big loss.

Big Loss, especially after he worked hard to get back from last year's injury. Good kid! Ngachie stepped into that role last year, and he will have to continue with it this year. Hopefully this helps him become a leader with Nicastro for the next two years.

I think the five year clock starts once you step on campus. You have five years to play four which would be five this year. You'd have to petition the NCAA for a sixth year.

Like 96 said, it sucks for a guy who worked so hard to get back this year. Those guys are the ones who really love the game.

I thought you were allowed one each of a developmental redshirt and a medical redshirt, with the developmental redshirt always limited to one and occurring in the first year, and the medical redshirt being limited to one unless successfully petitioned to the NCAAs. This conception is, per usual, not based on any actual research.

What does that mean again? That the total points will be 33 +/- 7.5 points? I'm in a pool at work (pickin games in the NFL and I have no clue what these stupid numbers mean - although I did win last week by getting 11 games right lol). So if Albany wins by more than 8 basically, they 'get the point'...?

Edited by Ilko

What does that mean again? That the total points will be 33 +/- 7.5 points? I'm in a pool at work (pickin games in the NFL and I have no clue what these stupid numbers mean - although I did win last week by getting 11 games right lol). So if Albany wins by more than 8 basically, they 'get the point'...?

There are two separate bets there.

33 represent the number of points the general public thinks will be scored combined for both teams.

I say "general public" because first a professional odds maker decides these numbers; then numbers adjust depending on which way the bets are going.

-7.5 means the general public thinks UAlbany is favored by that many points. Essentially, at kickoff, the score is already URI 7.5, UAlbany 0.

If all of the bets come in for UAlbany then the "line" (the 7.5 number) will increase making UAlbany even more of a favorite..on paper only!

At the end of the game for the "line" portion, you can either subtract 7.5 points from UAlbany's score OR add it to URI's.

For the "over/under", simply add the two scores together, and compare it to which way you thought it would go (high scoring aerial battle or low scoring defensive game.)

(And don't try to subtract the "line" from the "over/under"!)

Edited by haggyland