UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fairfield 12/22/14

When Sydney Johnson, the Fairfield coach, was asked what went wrong for his team against the Danes, he said, “Evan (Singletary) went wrong. You understand what Peter (Hooley) and Sam (Rowley) can do for them. When Singletary can come in and hurt you, it’s like a three-headed monster.”

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another solid team effort with contributions by all....I loved how we attacked the glass and continually got second and third opportunities....the crowd appreciated it as well!!! Another week or practice for coach to continue to move this team forward before heading out to Buffalo...the entire Rowley clan was in attendance last night...a very friendly family...

Great D by Rowley and co. making Gilbert a non factor. Fairfield is a decent team judging by their wins and close losses against common opponents. Did Stire get any time? Baker gave us a great bump in first half while Singletary and Hooley were cold.

Stire, played a few minutes in first half but Coach didn't like a foul he comitted or a turnover and he got pulled....don't think he made it back in...

Singletary is a ninja.

Let's not gloss over how critical Baker was to this win. He comes in with the game tied and hits two 3s. That set the tone for the rest of the game.

I am very impressed with the fitness level and speed of the players right now. Completely different team from when we played Holy Cross. We will need our legs in conference play when every possession is a dog, cat, black bear, or hawk fight.

Singletary's hot hand leads UAlbany past Fairfield - Troy Record

“Schematically, I gave these guys too much too soon,” Brown said. “We’ve simplified some things and made our defense much more vanilla, just focusing on basics, guarding and competing. We’ve got nine new guys and five of our top nine are freshmen and sophomores so I wanted to make things a bit more basic, less thinking and just competing and grinding. They’re starting to figure it out.”

Singletary saves best for last - Times-Union

"It's all about fit," Brown said. "We have great kids in our program and that is never going to change. We do our homework. When you get a junior college kid, I look for guys who I think can really help us for two years. You have to be smart about it. Evan was one of the best point guards in the country at the junior college level a year ago, and you get a lot of freedom. A lot of 110-106 games, a lot of matador defense being played. I told Evan when he came here that he had to be an extension of the coach, and I think that scared him."

The only bummer tonight, we don't have a game for over a week. The way we're playing now I wish we could schedule someone sooner!

Nice scoring from Singletary plus he had 5 assists. He's really coming on.

Season-high in blocked shots for Sam tonight.

One of the things we were talking about tonight is Ray Sanders is guarding without fouling now and keeping himself in the game.

If I recall correctly, one or two of Sam's blocks were from hustling back on defense and sprinting into the play to make the block. Very nice to see the aerobic fitness and hustle like that in December. Edited by UA_MA_2000

The only bummer tonight, we don't have a game for over a week. The way we're playing now I wish we could schedule someone sooner!

One of the things we were talking about tonight is Ray Sanders is guarding without fouling now and keeping himself in the game.

If I recall correctly, one or two of Sam's blocks were from hustling back on defense and sprinting into the play to make the block. Very nice to see the aerobic fitness and hustle like that in December.

Two. He had three total by my count.

If I recall correctly, one or two of Sam's blocks were from hustling back on defense and sprinting into the play to make the block. Very nice to see the aerobic fitness and hustle like that in December.

One or two of his three I believe is what he's saying...

Singletary's hot hand leads UAlbany past Fairfield - Troy Record

“Schematically, I gave these guys too much too soon,” Brown said. “We’ve simplified some things and made our defense much more vanilla, just focusing on basics, guarding and competing. We’ve got nine new guys and five of our top nine are freshmen and sophomores so I wanted to make things a bit more basic, less thinking and just competing and grinding. They’re starting to figure it out.”

Singletary saves best for last - Times-Union

"It's all about fit," Brown said. "We have great kids in our program and that is never going to change. We do our homework. When you get a junior college kid, I look for guys who I think can really help us for two years. You have to be smart about it. Evan was one of the best point guards in the country at the junior college level a year ago, and you get a lot of freedom. A lot of 110-106 games, a lot of matador defense being played. I told Evan when he came here that he had to be an extension of the coach, and I think that scared him."

Nice!

One or two of his three I believe is what he's saying...

I know. I said he had two of the 'chase down' variety and three total...

McKay seemed emotional at the end when he wasn't brought in for the last 20 secs. If the plan was to redshirt him, clearly he doesn't know about it.

He's played in one game right? Has there been any announcement on what Coach's plans are red shirt or not?