UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baker Transfering

Hmmm...well, it's all so bizarre. For McKay, he's far from home...so...maybe he's ready to move on. But...he could also stay and work his tail off.

I just really think--and this is DI-wise--people are just afraid to do the work these days, and stick it out. And this is not a knock on McKay.

Michael Jordan got cut....GOT CUT...from his high school team.

'Nuff said.

kids need to toughen up.

Off my soapbox

Hmmm...well, it's all so bizarre. For McKay, he's far from home...so...maybe he's ready to move on. But...he could also stay and work his tail off.

I just really think--and this is DI-wise--people are just afraid to do the work these days, and stick it out. And this is not a knock on McKay.

'Nuff said.

kids need to toughen up.

Off my soapbox

Alum is usually on point so maybe I heard wrong... I'll defer to him.

For those who are transferring to other DIs..not just from UAlbany..I'm surprised when they're leaving with starters ahead of them by more than a year. Using Baker for example: he transfers..sits out one year..and will play again in 16-17..same year he'd be set to get major minutes in our rotation. Obviously that just addresses playing time..but that's certainly a major contributor to the plethora of transfer DI basketball is experiencing.

McKinley was released from his LOI. This is common knowledge. However, an ESPN article came out stating that Geremy McKay is xferring. There has been no reference by anyone about this. It has not been mentioned anywhere, including player, coach etc.

So the speculation (on my end) is that perhaps the author of the ESPN article mistakenly put McKay instead of McKinley due to somewhat similar names, and mistook LOI withdrawal for xfer as well). Otherwise, he is xferring, but how would this random writer know and no one else?

And people have heard mixed stories. Plus, he's an Aussie, which we've had a lot of success/good track record with etc.

Alex Kline on twitter reporting that McKay transferring to Eastern Washing University...

And that officially closes the book on the November 2013 signing class.

All four year players. All gone.

Will be interesting to follow this kids progress...who knows if he could have worked out here but he got no playing time. Can't imagine EWU recruiting a kid that couldn't play a lick...

Alex Kline on twitter reporting that McKay transferring to Eastern Washing University...

And that officially closes the book on the November 2013 signing class.

All four year players. All gone.

NOT

GREG STIRE

One appears to have made it...man, I really hope we don't just go Iona North...I loved watching Black, Jamar, Sam, Peter, Ambrose, Lillis all these kids grow up at UA and lead UA.

'Nuff said.

kids need to toughen up.

Off my soapbox

You only have four years to play and everyone says it's the fastest four years of your life, so I can't fault kids for wanting to find a place where it best fits them and their needs. Best of luck to McKay. If we have guys transferring I would rather see them land at D1 schools. At least it shows our coaches are recruiting D1 talent.