UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2016 Pomeroy Projections

I can see them ranking Stony Brook higher, but Vermont surprises me. I have them finishing at #4 in the AE this year and probably being a force next season. New Hampshire scares me much more.

Outside of wishing for more national respect for recruiting reasons, these rankings are probably good for the team. Will Brown teams have tended to do better as the underdog. I think it helps the players buy into the system more if they don't think they are top dog and need to work for the end goal.

I can see them ranking Stony Brook higher, but Vermont surprises me. I have them finishing at #4 in the AE this year and probably being a force next season. New Hampshire scares me much more.

I think the difference with Ken Pom Rankings is that they look at stats and that's how they base the rankings, rather than subjective thoughts on a team etc.

I think its all number driven. Someone can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a lot of other polls include other factors not just stats?

I think the difference with Ken Pom Rankings is that they look at stats and that's how they base the rankings, rather than subjective thoughts on a team etc.

I think its all number driven. Someone can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a lot of other polls include other factors not just stats?

We are in an analytic driven world these days in sports.

We are in an analytic driven world these days in sports.
The interesting thing with Ken Pom is that oftentimes we as fans think that our team might be really bad on defense or we're the worst one in the leagues with defending the three but when you actually look at the statistics we're average or above average. So I always find it interesting the difference between what we think we see his fans and what the statistics say. I work with numbers all day and I always say numbers don't lie lol. People do or their perception of the situation can be different than what's actually going on. Edited by MsGDG

Outside of wishing for more national respect for recruiting reasons, these rankings are probably good for the team. Will Brown teams have tended to do better as the underdog. I think it helps the players buy into the system more if they don't think they are top dog and need to work for the end goal.

I guess I was more impressed with Vermont last year than most people. Going into the season they'd lost that big senior class w/ Voelkl, Rugg, Carissimo, etc - 5 of their 6 leading scorers. They still went out and were #2 in the conference, swept Stony Brook, and had the #1 offense and #1 defense in the AE and they bring most of that back this year.

I guess I was more impressed with Vermont last year than most people. Going into the season they'd lost that big senior class w/ Voelkl, Rugg, Carissimo, etc - 5 of their 6 leading scorers. They still went out and were #2 in the conference, swept Stony Brook, and had the #1 offense and #1 defense in the AE and they bring most of that back this year.

+1. Vermont and SB are the same or stronger this year (UNH too). This should be a good year for the league.

I was at the UVM-LCC game, and a healthy Ernie Duncan playing in his second ever collegiate game looked really impressive running the offense. If he is healthy, and if his brother is similarly gifted, they can be a very good team.

I was at the UVM-LCC game, and a healthy Ernie Duncan playing in his second ever collegiate game looked really impressive running the offense. If he is healthy, and if his brother is similarly gifted, they can be a very good team.

I think there is no question most think they will be yet again in the thick of it. They've been doing this for a while. I honestly think any of the top 4 can win the league this year. I don't think any of the other 5 have a chance breaking through having to go through two of these teams to get to the dance.