UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Tourney.

Reason for @AmericaEast men's semis on Monday (2-7) is because of women's tourney in Binghamton (2-5/6). In case Bingo men had a home semi

I emailed the athletic department and received a nice respond with this point and several others, including the ESPN3 coverage as the reasoning.

Our RPI (83) has recovered since the UNH lapse. Looking at the last years NIT at large bids, the highest team to get an at large was Vanderbilt (104). Although, there were 12 auto-bids that were taken because of those teams losing their conference tournament. Hopefully that will be the case with SB this year.

If they have UA as a 7 seed in the NIT, where does that put UA in the real tournament when SBU has that spot with an auto bid? Does that mean another year as a 16 seed or even a PIG?

Comparing similar teams in RealtimeRPI Bracketology, we probably get a 15, maybe a 14. Stony Brook currently listed as a 13.

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Men.html

Of course upsets in other one-bid conferences would help, e.g. unlike people across town, I'm not sold on Monmouth getting an at-large. Sure they beat Notre Dame and USC three months ago, but since then they've lost to Army, Manhattan and Iona. Virtually all at-large bids go to power conference schools regardless of their ranking.

Edited by UAalum72

I'd hope for a 14 (or even better) as in the past the panel has given some preference and favorable seeds when they have been there before, and UA would deserve it as it would be the 4th straight appearance (of course if they make it). I can't think of any examples off hand, but I know I have heard that before and I know a bunch of bubble teams that barely miss the tourney have complained about teams with worse records or resumes getting in because kg the name of the school or results in past years.

Either way, I'm glad we can still debate it. I can't wait for the AE tourney to start and get this moving.